Lyco Business Solutions Limited
Our client one of Zambia’s leading logistics companies, providing end-to-end design, implementation and operational capabilities in freight forwarding, contract logistics,bonding, transportation management and distribution management is looking for a Business Development Manager for Contract Logistics in Lusaka, Zambia.
Identify new business opportunities and through developing existing and new business accounts. Maintain an active new business prospect listing to approach and present to the company. Undertake new business sales calls to win new business. Develop financial supporting data and process data to potential and existing business wins. Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales visits
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business for the company through approaching new business customers, as defined in the local sales KPI’s.
- Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is
planned in advance.
- Responsible for the management and handling of the RFQ response documents coming to the company for Contract Logistics Business.
- Maintain all account and new business approaches and outcomes in Sales Reporting Tool.
- Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the position.
- Coordinate and follow and follow up selling activities within the department.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Operations and Contract Logistics teams.
- Focus on winning and keeping profitable business.
- Develop and maintain Capex procedures as per policy for RFQ and new business submissions.
- Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections for new business submission.
- Work with logistics operational specialists in development of Resources Planning.
- Undertake regional presentations for the Contract Logistics Division, as and when called upon
- Undertake cross selling and up selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential through airfreight, sea freight, road freight, value added products and contract logistics.
- Manage and coordinate all commercial activities of defined vertical group of customers with the customer service team, in line with the company’s short and long term results & targets.
- Represents the company and its policies to the clients which are defined as “Strategic Accounts”.
- Develop SOP’s for strategic accounts in association with Site Manager, Operations Manager, IT Manager and associates internal colleagues where applicable, to detail all processes, rate structure, capturing of customer identified KPI’s.
- Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to present to the company and its products and services.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred. (Or an equivalent combination of work and education. / equivalent combination of work experience)
- Minimum five years industry experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Business Professional
- Diplomatic skills to be used in front of the customers
- Confidence in undertaking presentations to vast number of people
- Analytic skills to review both financial and operational data.
- Proven Negotiation Skills complied with the ability to close business wins
- Customer oriented & team player
- Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and some other PC applications
- Able to work under pressure where needed
- Able to travel both internal and abroad
- Good time management techniques
- Good understanding of financial planning
- Excellent reporting abilities
If interested, kindly send your cv to [email protected]; for more information please call +26095500LYCO(5926).
N.B. Women are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com