Website Mac Recruitment Limited
The Pharmacy Technologist will be responsible for working with the research clinic team to develop and implement research pharmacy procedures and Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) regarding Commodity Management and Patient Pharmaceutical Care. The pharmacy technologist will be responsible for the overall day to day management of the research pharmacy.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct onsite pharmacy trainings for clinic staff on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) before a new study begins and during the study
- Ensure all site specific SOPs are in place, working in collaboration with the Consultant Pharmacist and research clinic staff to design new SOPs as needed
Drug Dispensing & Destruction
- Dispensing, counseling participants and recording all transactions in real time as per study protocols
- Assist the Consultant Pharmacist to prepare for study drug destruction and final disposal of these drugs per study requirements and regulations of local authorities.
- Maintain a good filing system for each study on site to avoid any potential mix up of study information
Ensure the integrity of all studies is maintained always for both double blinded studies and open label studies
- Ensure the pharmacy is secured and restrict entry policy is observed for the pharmacy areas always
- Participate in the designing of messages for participants with regards to promotion of adherence to study medicines and other talks provided to participants concerning drug information
- Participate in all interdepartmental meetings at the clinic level to represent pharmacy and give updates to the clinic staff whenever necessary.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with the ART and general OPD pharmacy for ease of operation between the study and the Ministry of Health (MoH) local pharmacies
- Ensure the commodity management for study drugs is adhered to without fail always i.e. storage conditions, arrangements, separation of study drugs of different studies, documentation and record keeping
- Update the research clinic team and consultant pharmacist on the inventory status of each study product, and make prompt orders to ensure no stock outs on site of the study drugs.
- Work with the clinic staff to maintain an accurate calendar for monitoring visits and prepare for all these visits in good time
- Perform any other duties in line with the profession as may be requested by the supervisor
- Demonstrated experience in management of drugs and related commodities
- Knowledge of the MOH Healthcare system
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills
- Must be organised and an independent worker
- Must be accurate and perform high quality work
- Must have a positive, sober and mature attitude as a team player
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The job holder must have a minimum of a diploma in Pharmacy with 2 years relevant work experience; with work experience in research activities in a reputable NGO.