Zambia Information and Communications Technology College (ZICTC)
Zambia ICT College
The Zambia Information & Communications Technology College Limited (ZICTC) is a Government owned Technical and Business College registered under the Technical, Educational, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA). The college is based in Ndola, and offers locally and internationally accredited professional and academic programmes, and a range of other products and services. Over the past few years, the construction of state of the art infrastructure has coincided with tremendous growth in program offering and student enrollments. Our plan is to grow even more, and become Zambia’s premier center of ICT training and smart solutions.
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are change agents, and passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia. If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for one of the following positions:
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Job purpose: Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the job holder will be responsible for effectively leading the functions of market development and public relations through creation of a unique College brand; and marketing college products and services in Zambia and abroad.
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan
2, Undertake market research, competitor offerings, and other information that may affect the College’s marketing and business development strategies; and preparing reports and recommendations as appropriate
3. Assists in the development/review and implementation cost saving and revenue generating activities to enhance College cash flow; and assist in encouraging and coordinating similar efforts by all members of staff
4. Identify areas for improvement in service/product offerings, marketing strategy, and promotional activities; and weigh in on important decisions involving product advertising, packaging, media channels, and branding
5. Assist in developing innovative and effective ways of communicating and engaging various stakeholders, including by digital means
6. Coordinate the establishment of an alumni database, and draw up a strategy that benefits both the alumni and the College
7. Assist in the supervision of junior staff in the unit
Qualifications and experience
1. Full grade twelve certificate with 5 0′ levels including English and Mathematics
2. Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any similar Degree
3. Masters Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any similar Degree
4. At least six (6) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should be in a marketing/business Development or academic environment
5. Membership to a relevant local professional body
Core competencies and attributes required
1. Ability to multi task
2. Innovative, proactive and Self-motivated
3. Strong and effective marketing and branding skills
4. Ability to drive cross-functional teams to bring new products
5. Sober Character
6. Excellent computer and social media marketing knowledge and skills
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Furthermore, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 17.00 hours on Friday, 20th November, 2020.
Zambia Information and Communications Technology College
Kalewa Road, Northrise
P.O. Box 71601
Or soft copies to [email protected]