MARY BEGG HEALTH SERVICES
At MBHS, the Data Officer is responsible for developing databases, data cleaning, processing, integrity, security, analysis and visualisation. Responsible for transferring information from hardcopy to digital usable format to meet stakeholder needs. They oversee the entire conversion process, verifying the validity of the information, designing storage platforms, and training staff on document retrieval procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Analysis, Statistics, Computer Science, or a similar field.
- In depth knowledge of spreadsheets (Google Sheets and Excel)
- In depth knowledge of Google Apps Script
- In depth knowledge of Excel VBA
- Intermediate knowledge of Looker Studio( Google Data Studio, Power BI)
3+ years experience as a data Officer.
- Ability to read, interpret, and verify data from multiple formats.
- In-depth knowledge of data retrieval and storage systems.
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals.
Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with end-user training and support.
- Conducting a thorough data analysis of clients’ information and storage systems.
- Creating or implementing a digital conversion program in line with the client’s needs.
- Installing and maintaining data collation software.
- Verifying and extracting data from hardcopy and other digital sources.
- Importing and transferring data to a secure central database.
- Performing regular data integrity and quality audits.
- Creating and submitting data collation reports.
- Troubleshooting information storage issues.
- Training staff on data storage and retrieval processes
collating and verifying data from multiple sources,
assisting with the implementation of data software storage systems,
executing data transfers.
- Will also be required to train staff on data storage procedures.