Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the position of:
Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor (VMMC)
Position reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Director
Supervising: Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor will provide strategic leadership for the design, development and implementation of project-wide monitoring, evaluation and research systems.
This includes the development of EPMPs, result/logical frameworks and MER plans; design and implementation of data management, visualization and use systems; conceptualization of learning questions, development of research protocols, abstracts and manuscripts as well as management of IRB processes and implementation of subsequent research activities. The advisor will also work closely with the Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor to implement project specific knowledge management initiatives. Through these systems the advisor supports and influences program performance and quality improvement; providing evidence for program planning, monitoring implementation with participatory data review to inform course corrections and strategy change, as well as introduction of innovative data visualization and use tools in appropriate audience specific formats.
The MER Advisor is also responsible for relationship management with key strategic information stakeholders especially MOH and CDC counterparts; capacity building, mentoring and management of provincial MER officers and is a member of the project senior management team.
- Master’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- Experience in leading and implementing USG funded programs
- Understanding of Donor regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- At least eight years of senior-level experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs in any of the following areas: maternal, newborn and child health; nutrition; family planning; malaria control; HIV/AIDS; water and sanitation; or TB programs for public, private or NGO sector
- Statistical software proficiency using: SPSS, STATA or Epi-Info
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including at least 4-5 of the following:
- Applied evaluation or research
- Timely data analysis, synthesis and communication of results
- Design and implementation of evaluation protocols
- Design and implementation of program monitoring systems
- Development and field-testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators
- Data collection planning and implementation (routine or survey)
- Translation of complex data systems and results into understandable lessons learned and action priorities for programmatic and other technical staff
- Quality improvement approaches to strengthen service delivery
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in project management
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Ability to supervise in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results
- Strong communication (writing and oral presentation) skills
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Closing date is 22nd February, 2019
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.