The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Analyses capital working progress by ensuring that correct posting of invoices, extraction of variance accounts and data analysis;
- Analyses key fixed asset accounts ensuring correct registration of all assets in assets register and account;
- Laisses with user department on project status, delivery notes and Capex commitments and maintains fixed assets register;
- Updates assets register including disposal and correct application of depreciation values and rates;
- Maintains and files all relevant documents relating to Capex;
- Implements MTNZ fixed asset accounting policies, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements and IAS;
- Maintains an effective relationship with all departments and the external auditors with reference to fixed assets to ensure maintenance of appropriate fixed assets records to support external financial reporting and to meet audit and tax requirements;
- Provides accurate and timely fixed asset operation and accounting related information in the financial statement;
- Provides input in the development, prompt preparation and distribution of fixed assets input into financial reports;
- Administers one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures;
- Performs period end activities, (Closing GL, balance sheet reconciliations etc);
- Analyses the effect of statutory accounting practices and study regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Degree in accounting, Business/Commerce, ZICA/AAT/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent;
- At least three (3) years practical working experience in finance/accounting environment with at least 2 years in mainstreaming financial reporting in a multinational organization;
- Experience in working with enterprise financial system or in financial analysis;
- Experience in telecommunications industry is advantageous.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and closing.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.