Website Nathan Associates Inc.
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics, Economic Policy & Governance, Private Sector Development, Women’s Economic Empowerment, and Financial Solutions.
Nathan is implementing the USAID Zambia Revenue for Growth Project (R4G). R4G supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) in its efforts to improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. R4G engages both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the GRZ.
DCOP Position Summary and Key Tasks:
Nathan is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to manage project operations functions as well as contribute to project technical activities. The key tasks are listed below. This is a full-time position that reports directly to R4G’s Chief of Party (COP).
- The DCOP will perform the following key tasks:
- Manage R4G finance staff and, as needed, oversee and perform project finance functions
- Manage HR and admin staff and, as needed, oversee and perform project HR and admin functions
- Manage other R4G staff as directed by the R4G COP
- Contribute to one or more R4G technical activities in tax administration, tax policy, public-private dialogue
- Contribute to project communications activities
- Contribute to the management of project grants
- Draft, review and/or proofread R4G progress and technical reports
- Engage with USAID and/or other donor projects as directed by the R4G COP
- Perform other tasks as directed by the R4G COP.
All tasks will be conducted in Lusaka unless otherwise directed.
Qualifications & Skills:
The DCOP is expected to possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in economics, international affairs/development, or other discipline relevant to the tasks to be performed
- Extensive experience performing and managing project finance functions, preferably on donor-funded projects
- Extensive experience performing and managing HR and admin functions, preferably on donor-funded projects
- Work experience in at least one of the following areas: tax administration, tax policy, public-private dialogue, communications
- Excellent, demonstrated writing skills
- Ability to manage staff effectively
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and without supervision
- Grants management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Zambian political and economic environment strongly preferred
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred but not required.
Candidates are requested to complete a 6-minute application at this link. The application form will also provide instructions on how to submit a cover letter, CV, and unedited writing sample. A completed application—including a CV, cover letter, and unedited writing sample—must be received by September 30, 2022. If candidates have any questions about the application or have trouble accessing the link, please email [email protected]
Applications missing a CV, cover letter, writing sample, or a completed application form (linked above) will not be considered for this vacancy.
Please include “R4G DCOP” in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to RGARecruiting@nathaninc.com