With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
National FMNR Scaling Strategy
- Develop and continually improve and iterate World Vision Zambia’s National FMNR Scaling Strategy (2023-2033) to respond to new opportunities and challenges and incorporate new ideas and innovations.
- Lead the development of annual workplans to implement World Vision Zambia’s National FMNR Scaling Strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with the directors/heads and members of diverse teams and departments across World Vision Zambia to coordinate the implementation of annual workplans that progress strategy realisation at the national-level. This could include the establishment of internal coordination structures (i.e., committees, working groups etc.) as deemed appropriate.
Partnering & External Engagement
- Map and identify scaling partners and priorities for engagement.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Green Economy and the Environment (MoGEE) on all land restoration initiatives and participate in relevant Technical Working Groups ( TWGs)
- Mobilise and engage an alliance/network of national partners to support the scale-up of FMNR in Zambia. . Where relevant structures have been established via projects, this position will co-lead partner engagement activities with project staff.
- Work collaboratively with World Vision Zambia’s Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) team to ensure that all emerging funding opportunities are leveraged (where relevant) to support the implementation of the National FMNR Scaling Strategy.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders from World Vision Australia to design investment ready projects for diverse donors that support the implementation of the National FMNR Scaling Strategy.
- Work closely with Livelihoods Technical Program to explore opportunities for carbon / nature-based value chains within FMNR work for sustainable livelihoods.Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Natural Resources Management, Forestry or its equivalent with minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Management experience including strategic, operations in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context while working with partner organization in forest restoration programs.
- Technical skills with practical experience in regeneration of landscapes, climate-smart agriculture, participatory processes in Natural Resource Management will be desirable.
- Experience in engagement with government and other key stakeholders in Environment and Natural Resources Management is a key requirement.
- Project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing is essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison, and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.