Website Open Window University
A Specialist University, with a focus on the Creative Arts.
Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the moving image, photography, game and digital design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
Our institution seeks to appoint an experienced Dean of Students who will coordinate student-related programmes, extracurricular projects and where applicable oversee tangential services provided to students like financial aid, housing and health services. The successful candidate will promote the values of inclusivity and forward-thinking creativity held by the institution, identify the development needs of students, maintain a productive learning environment and stay up to date on important student affairs.
Responsibilities and Duties (As stipulated in the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013)
- Supervise and manage the admissions office and all programs related to this office
- Serve as a liaison between institution administrators and student departments
- Create and implement department goals, policies, budgets and working procedures
- Assess the needs of the student body and respond in a timely and effective manner
- Provide structure and proactive leadership to ensure university development
- Provide support to students on issues related to the institution policies, department processes, and student services
- Direct and manage numerous student incentive programs
- Conduct regular department evaluations to determine efficiency, and if required, recommend solutions for improvement
- Prepare annual statistical reports
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology and any relevant social science
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must be at least 30 years old
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and employees
- Strong leadership skills, emotional stability and empathy towards students
- Strong understanding of higher education institution policies
- Computer literacy skills Application
To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter to the address below.
Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.
[email protected] / Attention: Open Window University Board / Application Deadline: 30 September 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com