OutResource Business Support
Our Client is seeking to recruit a skilled and qualified Lodge Manager.
The Lodge Manager should be an ambassador for the brand and lodge. Provide leadership and strategic planning, support the lodge service culture, and maximize operations and guest satisfaction. Work very closely with the lodge directors and other stakeholders. Managing operational budgets, customer service, supervising maintenance, coordinating departmental tasks, and overseeing food and beverages. Responsible for managing the lodge and overall lodge targets to deliver an excellent guest experience. The lodge manager would also be required to quote for services and tenders.
Job title: Lodge Manager
Reporting to: Directors
Supervises: All staff members
Interacts with: Staff members, guests, directors and suppliers
- Formulate plans for the lodge according to the goals and guidelines provided by the directors.
- Plan and prepare adequately for recruitment, management of staff and training.
- Ensure staff members are adequately dressed to enhance the image of the establishment.
- Conduct performance appraisals on employees.
- Take charge of any emergency that occurs in the lodge.
- To ensure that all staff is constantly trained to meet their goals.
- Streamlines work from the back of the house to the front of the house.
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance. Conduct ‘walk-throughs with the lodge maintenance and housekeeping staff.
- Ensure furniture and fittings are ordered and replaced.
- Provide effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control.
- Over-seeing the management of Bar and Restaurant operations and staff.
- Keep fixed assets register and manuals, product information and guarantees on file.
- Maintain effective communication and maintenance of lodge relations.
- Proven work experience as a Lodge Manager.
- To ensure that maintenance problems are promptly managed.
Years of experience: 5 years
Employment Type: Contractual
- Diploma in Business Management or related field, Grade 12 Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
- Hotel Manager Certificate.
- Evidence of working as a team member
- Confidence in spoken and written English
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural environment.