Human Resource Clerk
The Human Resources Clerk is responsible for assisting the HR department in human resource related activities within the workplace. The HR Clerk is responsible for assisting with clerical duties related to recruitment, leave day records, payroll, personnel information, and employee documentation.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Maintains personnel records – electronic and paper. Assists in preparation of new employee orientation packets to ensure new employees receive all necessary information.
- Assists, as needed, with entering personnel data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS), and handles follow-ups as necessary.
- Assists, as needed, with entering terminated employee data is removed from appropriate HRIS records.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Maintain calendars of HR manager.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma/BA in Human Resource Management/Public Administration
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with computer based payroll system
- Extensive knowledge in labour and employment law
- At least 3-5 years’ hands-on experience in an office setting and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and qualifications to [email protected] not later than Thursday 24th December, 2020.