Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Projects Mine Surveyor to join the versatile Mineral Resource Management team.
Reporting to the Survey Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordination and execution of daily survey tasks and related activities and ensuring that the survey quality plan is implemented, and appropriate survey control and integrity of data maintained. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide survey services to the mine exploration department.
- Responsible to carry out photogrammetric surveys (aerial surveys) using UAVs.
- Carry out TSF and WSF (sonar) surveys.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely survey service
- Establish and monitor primary and secondary controls within the mining tease
- Daily survey pickups for presentation of a daily dig plan for use by operations in a timely manner
- Carry out survey data analysis on survey data
- Maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all tiles in the survey database
- Set out of all mine design and geological requirements which includes preparation of set out plans for all designated stall to utilize
- Carry out stockpile surveys on a regular basis for accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month
- Carry out pit surveys on a regular basis for accurate bench and total volumes to be calculated at the end of each
- Participate in the preparation of yearly mining plans to be submitted to the Zambian Mines department
- Monitoring of wall instability in pit, dumps, dams and all structural deformations with accurate reporting on required basis
- Maintenance of surveying equipment to required standards.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
- Minimum of a Diploma in Mine, Geomatic, Land or Engineering Surveying
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
- A minimum of 2 years survey experience in the mining industry
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing GPS equipment, 3D scanners, Total stations, data recorders arid associated surveying software like Vulcan, Arc view, Data mine or Surpac
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.