Position: Recruitment and Engagement Officer
Location: National Office – Lusaka
Purpose of Position:Assists the Recruitment and Industrial Relations Manager, in obtaining staffing requirements from departmental managers for the forward planning of recruitment and completion of the quarterly resourcing plans.
Exceptional cases for SCARCE SKILLS requiring exceptional recruitment procedure shall be made in accordance with the rules of the Exception to recruitment policy. The job holder will also be responsible for coordinating all Organizational Development activities as well as Management talent database for all staff for the National Office.
- Forecasting Employment Needs
- Obtains sign off for staff requisitions by People and Culture National Director, ensuring that requisitions are properly completed and approved the requisitioning department before they are presented to the P and C Director.
- Prepares draft advertisements based on current job profile for both internal and external job advertisements, for review by the Recruitment and Industrial Relations Manager. Ensures external advertisement comply with current Corporate Identity standards.
- Loads approved internal job advertisements on HRIS and disseminates to staff without access to HRIS as required
- Processing contracts and ensuring references and back ground checks are completed.
- Advise recruiting managers on recruiting schedules, appropriate advertising, job descriptions and person specifications, job evaluation, re-grading of posts and remuneration.
- Track and manage employee probation process
- Managing the Exit process – Ensuring compliance and all clearance
- Facilitate onboarding of new staff
- Ensure Safe guarding training and all relevant policies are signed off within 7 days of employee hire
- Administer contract letters, contract amendment letters and changes in relation to maternity, paternity, family and compassionate leave, liaising with Payroll to ensure payments are made correctly and timely
- Ensure documentation of employees information is in the right place
- Coordinate the recruitment of all international and ensuring that all documentation required to work in Zambia such as Visas and work permits are obtained promptly and on time.
- Onboarding and orientation support is given to all international staff.
Human Resources Information System Administrator:
- Oversee the the Human Resources information systems
- Ensure less than 5% error rate of the system
- Support with Coordination of Employee Staff surveys
- Conduct engagement surveys
Industrial Relations Support
- Provide support for disciplinary procedures and ensure they are resolved fairly and timeously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource/ Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Public Administration or Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literature
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team effort
- Must be a member of ZIHRM
- Great Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes
- Experience as a recruiter
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and international travel may be required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.