University of Zambia
THE UNIVERSITY OF ZAMBIA
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill a vacancy at the University of Zambia.
JOB TITLE: REGISTRAR
As Chief Administrator of the University, the Registrar is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the general administration of the University in line with the requirements of the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013 and the policies and procedures approved by the University Council.
- Direct all functions pertaining to general administration and human resources management of the University;
- Plan and Coordinate University Council Corporate affairs/business;
- Plan and Coordinate Senate business efficiently;
- Direct functions pertaining to student registration, admissions, administration of examinations and general academic affairs of the University;
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and availability of legal services to the University Council and Administration
- Serve as custodian of University policies and regulations;
- Facilitate the development and review of University policies and regulations;
- Plan and ensure provision of safety, health and security services to the University Community;
- Plan and direct the development, utilization and maintenance of infrastructure in order to ensure an acceptable learning and living environment in the University;
- Provide guidance and advice on matters of business ethics and good governance to all stakeholders in the University;
- Ensure timely, effective and efficient dissemination of information about the University internally and externally;
- Plan and direct the implementation of departmental budgets;
- Supervise subordinate staff and ensure that performance appraisal is conducted for all staff
- Ensure the preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent;
- Bachelor’s degree in any field but preferably Social Sciences or Educational Administration;
- Master’s degree in any field but preferably Social Sciences or Educational Administration;
- PhD will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in University administration or corporate management;
- Must have proof of membership to a professional organization or association and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, copies of educational certificates certified by the Zambia Qualifications Authority, names and addresses of three traceable references and contact address/ telephone/e-mail details.
The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Applications to be sent to: The Vice Chancellor
University of Zambia
P O Box 32379
Closing date: 27th November, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.