Website RHODES PARK SCHOOLS LTD
Education For The Real World
To perform a full range of accounting and finance duties, including organising financial data inputs and ledger postings.
- Liaise with the Chief Accountant to ensure effective receivable and payable management.
- Deal with customers on financial related queries.
- Provide designated account reports as determined on regular basis.
- Work on general ledger and assist in month-end and year-end close processes
- Provide guidance and participate in systems reviews and controls to safeguard company financial resources and ensure prudent use of finances.
- Preparation of Preliminary Audit Files as supervised by the Chief Accountant.
- Posting and Updating Fixed Assets Register, and Initiate the physical verification of assets.
- Ensure that all accounting records timely updated, transactions processed and posted in Pastel.
- Undertake Bank reconciliation for specific company accounts as instructed from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
Preferred Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with Credits or Better in English and Mathematics.
- Qualified Accountant with at least a Bachelor of Accountancy from a recognized university, ZICA, CIMA or ACCA.
- Must be a registered member of ZICA.
Knowledge / Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce final accounts will be an added advantage
- Experienced and proficient in the use of Pastel Accounting Software or equivalent Accounting Packages.
- Preparation of monthly statutory returns and hands-on experience in the usage of ZRA ASYCUDA Tax Online System.
- High ethical standards – integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care, confidentiality, professional behavior and compassionate
- Must be detail and action oriented.
- Dynamism and flexibility.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Good administrative and Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work across the organization in all business segments.