Save the Children International - Zambia
The world’s leading independent organization
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Project Finance Officer (x4)
Duty Station: Kaoma, Kalabo, Mongu & Shangombo
To implement financial procedures and policies of Save the Children and be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, maintaining accounts payable and processing of payments under SUN II project.
The incumbent will be reporting to Finance Coordinator – Budgeting & Donor Reporting
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- capture all data correctly and timeously onto Agresso
- Administer, balance and reconcile petty cash monthly
- Filing of all financial documents and vouchers
- Data capturing on Agresso
- Submit reports to Country office by deadline
- Prepare annual financial report at end of year
- responsible for ensuring that the payments are done accurately, timeously and within budget
- Ensure all payments are correctly coded, approved and support documents attached
- Check all per diem calculations
Cash flow management:
- Prepare and submit forecasts and cash flow projections and ensure that Project manager is aware of their implications. Review monthly financial expenditure
- Draft monthly cash flow budgets
- Assist the Grants and Contracts Coordinator with developing and monitoring the budgets
- Assist with input into budget preparation.
- Capture budget and updated budget onto Agresso and Excel
- Draft financial statements to be submitted to Country office on a monthly basis and assist in drafting ad-hoc financial reports on time and accurately.
Support to staff:
- Ensure that staff under SUN II and Partners understand financial policies and procedures including payment procedures and account coding.
- Provide training on coding and completion of forms when necessary
- Edit forms when necessary
- Prepare for audit, participate in meetings and assist auditors
- Attend Audit planning meetings
- Prepare Accounts and exhibits for Audit Review
- Supply relevant data to onsite Auditor
- Together with the Grants and Finance Manager and Finance Officer(Audit) review draft audit report
Petty Cash check:
- Carry out periodic petty cash counts and check that payments are supported by documents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accounting Diploma or ACCA Part 11
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Good computer skills and high proficiency in spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of accounting packages especially Agresso accounting system.
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply:
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.