Website Sebafoods (Z) Limited
Seba Foods Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company incorporated in1997 and a renowned producer of maize and soya based consumer food products. Over the years, the company’s products have become house hold names in Zambia, priding themselves in a very high – quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness and instant Thobwa.
Seba foods is committed to producing high quality food products only from the finest quality soya beans and maize, sourced from local farmers in Zambia. The company’s ethos of providing the best possible quality from seed to the shelf has over the years been a proven mark for the brands and has been enjoyed by many Zambians and beyond.
In addition to our food processing our aim is to increase efficiencies in the soya value chain, and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. We anticipate to build smallholder farmer capacity for thousands of targeted smallholder farmers in soya beans production, aggregation and marketing, of which 50% are women, by working on the grass-root levels to improve yields for these farmers.
Reporting to the Production Manager, Electrical Technician will be responsible for assisting the Production Manager in establishment of preventative and responsive Electrical maintenance and development within the process area and across the site, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions. Duties will include but not limited to the following.
1. Strong Knowledge of VFDs, PLC, Overload Relays, Different type of electronic circuits, Motors, Star Delta Starters, Electrical Control Panels & Switch Gear and Contractors etc.
2. Responsible for all kinds of Cabling and Wiring Job in the plant for the machines. Should have good knowledge of cable tray installation, Cable Dressing, Cable Gland Fixing and Cable Lugs Fixing.
3. Knowledge of Servo Motors & Drives & Utility equipment’s. Calibration of various process control instruments, control valves & switches.
4. Achievement of plant throughput and maintenance targets in the most cost effective manner within budgets
5. Knowledge about HT & LT Panels, Electrical Control and BMS system.
6. Indent of machine spare parts.
7. Responsible to raise spare issue slip required for replacement during Preventive Maintenance and Breakdown Maintenance.
8. Install circuit breakers, Transformers, Stabilizers and Distribution System.
9. Responsible to reduce downtime through the maintenance plan.
10. Responsible to do Root Cause Analysis for the repetitive breakdowns and to solve problems.
11. Preventive Maintenance of Production Machines like TSP Extruders, Hammer Mills etc.
12. Responsible for Preventive Maintenance, Weekly & Monthly Maintenance of DG Set, Electrical Panel Control Panels etc.
13. To maintain operation logbooks of DG Set, Air Compressors, Steam Boilers, Power Factor Panel and Boreholes as per Standard Operating Procedures and Record Formats (SOP).
14. Responsible to provide the Utilities Supply like Electrical Power, Compressor Air, Water and Boiler Steam to the Production Department on time.
15. Responsible to maintain all documentation work related to Breakdown Maintenance/Preventive Maintenance.
16. Should be able to read Electrical Drawings, Diagrams and Control Circuits.
1. Candidate must have Craft/Advanced Certificate in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Learning Institution.
2. Minimum 5 years work experience is a must in Food Production/ Beverages/Manufacturing industry.
3. Able to quickly adapt to technological changes in Electrical Maintenance.
4. Candidate Should be physically fit.
5. Personally, demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely.