Zambia Sugar Plc
AN ILLOVO SUGAR AFRICA COMPANY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Zambia Sugar Plc., a large agro-industry which is part of Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1 700 employees and offers medical, educational, sport, recreation and other social facilities on the Estate in Mazabuka.
The recently expanded Nakambala Sugar Mill area comprises approximately 28 000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approximately 17 000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc.; and the balance of 11 000 hectares is owned by fourteen commercial Growers and three small-scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystals (ERC)Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc. and the Growers.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position;
SECURITY SUPERINTENDENT – OPERATIONS & INVESTIGATIONS (1)
- Providing and maintaining security servicesto the company in operations sections
- Ensuring that interests and assets ofthe Company are protected at all times. providing effective and efficient security operations and systems
- Conducting accident and crime investigations and prepares detailed reports
- Ensuring efficient labouroptimization and that overtime is controlled and is within the budget
- Coordinating security operations for specific events
- Monitoring the electronic surveillance equipment used on the Company premises
- Assigning work areas for Security personnel to patrol
- Conducting routine patrols with team.
- Planning daily investigations of cases by assessing cases reported in the Daily Incident Report, assessing reports received by detectives, liaising with superior on method of handling cases received and assigning cases to individual detectives
- Coordinating the investigations of various cases by ; ensuring availability of resources required for the task, liaising with detectives on the cases being handled to determine the pace and method of investigation , liaising with external security organizations for cases and situations outside estate security jurisdiction and assessing completed dockets of cases from detectives and making recommendations before forwarding to superior
- Prosecuting all cases by preparing resources like witnesses and exhibits required for the case, examining and cross examining witnesses to adduce evidence and making final submissions
- Updating superiors on crime situation and investigation status on the Estate by ; compiling data on crime situation on the estate, preparing status reports on cases under investigation and preparing monthly Investigations Reports
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Law or any Social Science
- Diploma in security/ Law enforcement will be an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in Security Management
- Essential knowledge in Police Military, Fire Fighting or crisis
- Management duties , law and investigations
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills.
- Interrogations skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent surveillance and emergency response skills
Interested candidates should apply, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of Educational and technical qualifications, contact address and phone numbers to the undersigned by 15th February 2019
The Human Resources Director
Zambia Sugar Plc.
P O Box 670240
Email address – [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org