Website Sentinel Kabitaka
Steadfast Strong Studious
Educore Services is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic candidate to fill the role of Physical Edu-cation Teacher. The successful candidate will be based at Sentinel Kabitaka School, Solwezi. The PE Teacher should be available to commence work no later than 1 January 2021.The appointee will report to the Deputy Headteacher (Secondary) and directly contribute to all areas of teaching and learning as well as supporting in other areas such as boarding.
Sentinel Kabitaka is part of the exciting and ambitious educational establishments in the North–Western Province of Zambia catering for children from Nursery through to IGCSE. The school prepares students for examinations in both the ECZ (Grades 7 & 9) and the Cambridge IGCSE curricula. The school, which is a part of the Educore Services group of schools, offers a holistic education and aims to be especially strong not only in academic achievement but also sport, outdoor pursuits and the performing arts.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide the students with an excellent educational experience in the Sentinel Schools in accordance with the school’s Physical Education curriculum. To work in conjunction with the Physical Education Teacher (Primary) and the Physical Education Assistant.
- Diploma in Physical Education
- Minimum 5 O’ levels including Mathematics and English
- TCZ registration
- TCZ practicing License
- Police clearance
- Minimum 3 years work experience in teaching PE
- Familiar with both the ECZ and Cambridge curricula
- Must have experience in teaching: Athletics, Football, Netball, Rugby, Volleyball, Basketball, Cricket, Hockey and Swimming. Experience in coaching rowing would be an added advantage.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Able to differentiate lessons according to ability groups
- Efficient time, space and people manager
- Dynamic personality with ability to adapt to short and long-term changes
- Promote a culture of good sportsmanship and self-discipline
- Use resources efficiently, effectively and creatively
- Able to multi-task and work towards meeting deadlines
- Plan and coordinate sporting events both within and beyond Solwezi
- Spearhead raising the profile of sport and healthy living across the school
- Competent ICT skills
A full CV and cover letter must be sent to: [email protected] with the subject PE Teacher.
Closing date for applications: 11 November 2020.
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.
For further enquiry call 0968 494 049 on weekdays from 08:00 – 15:00 only