Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Program Technical Officer to be based in Mpika, Muchinga Province under the SARAI Project. The Program Technical Officer works in collaboration with the Provincial Medical Office (PMO) to plan and execute SFH’s Reproductive Health Program which includes integrating Family Planning (FP) with HIV services, including HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC), Cervical Cancer screening, VMMC, prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), and HIV treatment and care as well as Mother to Child Health (MCH) services, including Antenatal Care (ANC) and child immunisation. This position is seconded to the PMO in order to offer support and technical assistance to the Province. S/he participates in supervisory and mentorship programs for the districts to ensure that family planning integration is maintained in health province.
- Manages MOH/SFH’s FP Integration programs in the province to ensure quality of service provision and smooth implementation of the program.
- Develop work plans and budgets aimed at guiding the FP integration activities.
- Track progress against targets and provide timely technical support and advice to the implementing teams.
- Provide technical supervision, on the job mentorship and support to the Districts and the Regional Managers in order to build capacity to enhance quality FP integration services.
- Provide technical support to communications and marketing department on Information, Education and Communication so that clients receive quality information aimed at improving demand for FP in other service delivery departments.
- Prepare and submit internal and external reports documenting FP Integration achievements and challenges in order to provide feedback on the progress of the program implementation.
- To provide input in MOH/SFH resource mobilization efforts/proposals to ensure resources for integration of FP in reproductive health programs.
- Ensure that FP Integration is extended to health activities at community level with a focus on the involvement of CBDs.
- Work with Community leaders to ensure that FP is prioritized and integrated in community based health activities.
- Provide support for all FP Integration research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent SFH in Reproductive Health Maternal and Newborn Health issues with MOH, donor agencies, the trade industry, the media and other stakeholders as needed.
- Provide support to pilots any new FP Integration product and services.
- Performs any other related duties as delegated by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or clinical Medicine. Diploma or experience in Midwifery will be an added advantage.
- Master in Public Health is an added advantage
- Valid practicing license with the Health Professions Council of Zambia/General Nursing Council.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the Maternal and Child Health field
- Experience in Programmatic/financial management of donor funded program(s) will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the MOH and Provincial and District level public health environment.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures
Other skills and attributes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work within cross-functional teams and work cooperatively and comfortably with all levels of contacts.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness of information
Strong organizational, oral and written skills with excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to meet all deadlines including reporting deadlines
- Strong report writing, editing and facilitation skills to support meetings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Should possess strong listening, enhanced communication, facilitation, analytical problem-solving , and negotiating skills
- Able to collaborate effectively across departments
Highly motivated, organized and able to work independently with minimum guidance
- Results oriented
- High level of integrity
- Strong budgeting skills and cost consciousness
- Willingness to travel to rural areas on a frequent basis
- Firm and fair
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV
TO :[email protected] Clearly indicate, “Program Technical Officer” In the subject heading of your application email.
SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression
Closing Date: 17th April 2019