Shorthorn Printers Limited
1. QUALITY CONTROLLER (1 position)
Job Purpose: To undertake planning, monitoring and evaluation of the Company’s projects and programmes in order to ensure effective implementation and attainment of set objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofread documents and seek clarification from team when necessary;
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability;
- Ensure smooth flow of ideas in the text;
- Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in the text;
- Check accuracy of information such as dates and statistics;
- Examine the text for style, readability, and compliance with editorial policies;
- Arrange photos and articles page layouts;
- Write blurbs, headlines and straplines.
- Submit tracked edits and changes to clients and Production Manager.
- Ability to write persuasively and clearly.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs.
- Fluency or high proficiency in English writing.
- Must have 4 years work experience preferably in the Printing industry.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 / GCE certificate
- Diploma in Journalism, Proofreading, Printing or its equivalent
- A registered member of a specialized professional body with 3 years’ work experience
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Method of Application
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected]
Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: 18th November, 2022.