Website Simba International School
Co-ed International School
Simba International School
TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES (SECONDARY)
We are a co-educational International School with over 41 years of educating children from Early Years Reception through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia, with a reputation of are a high performing school running the Cambridge IGCSE, A level courses and Cambridge Primary Programme.
- To create and deliver challenging programmes of study in Business studies under the Cambridge curriculum by ensuring that teaching and learning is supported by the most robust research and evidence.
- Be up to date with the Cambridge KS3, IGCSE, Business studies, Economics, Accounts and A-Level Economics curriculum and assessment standards.
- To maintain consistently high academic results in Business Studies by teaching effectively to ensure pupils achieve excellent outcomes in Business studies.
- To regularly assess and review pupils’ progress and achievement and to communicate effectively with parents/guardians in line with school procedures.
- To work with the HOD of commercials in developing, implementing and monitoring effective schemes of work, content coverage and standardized assessments such as examination practice, mock exams and final assessment.
- Use pupil surveys, syllabus checklists and pupil data in line with school policy to aid academic performance.
- To work as part of a teaching team and, where appropriate, help develop other teaching staff.
- To be a designated form tutor and the key home-school link for students through various online facilities including the Google classroom and G-suite.
- Have a full understanding of connections and progressions in the subject and use this in their teaching to ensure pupils make good progress.
- Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
- Be able to set and attain consistently high expectations with leaners.
- B.Ed. (QTS), / degree in Business studies with PGCE or equivalent.
- Demonstrate excellent subject and/or specialist knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience, with 3 years of teaching Cambridge IGCSE curriculum.
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
- Understand ICT in the teaching of their subject or specialization.
- Must be computer literate and able to teach 12-18 year olds in a co-education school
- Able to teach and adapt to a multi-cultural setting
- Should be sober minded and goal driven to achieve high learning outcomes for students
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Electronic applications including a cover letter accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before 24th November 2023.
Attn: The Headmaster
SIMBA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
E-mail: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com