Website SoCha LLC
Empowering Social Change
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
USAID/Zambia has a diverse portfolio with programs in the following areas: Health (HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Water Supply and Sanitation, Nutrition, Malaria, Tuberculosis); Education (basic education and early child development); Economic growth (Agriculture policy support, private sector, economic opportunity, energy, environment, global climate change, wildlife conservation, energy); and Democracy and Governance (rule of law and human rights, good governance, political environment and consensus building, civil society).
The Zambia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform (Z-MELP) mechanisms is an implementing mechanism which gives the mission access to technical and advisory services to design and carry out specialized multiple, third-party, MEL tasks including practices, processes, and requirements that support Program Cycle implementation.
The Project is looking to finalize its Finance and Operations team and is looking for a suitable Finance and Administration Manager and/or Procurement and Logistics Specialist. Zambian citizens/residents preferred.
1. Finance and Administration Manager
This position is responsible for all Finance and Administrative matters in the Lusaka office. The Finance and Administration Manager will directly supervise the Operations Team, including HR, Finance and Administrative staff.
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration;
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project;
- Produce monthly field reports for SoCha’s home office;
- Develop financial reports for USAID, including quarterly accrual reports;
- Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices;
- Develop annual revenue projections;
- Analyze budgeted-to-actual expenditures and “burn rate”;
- Oversee a team of approximately three staff that work on finance and administration, operations and human resources, and logistics and office administration;
- Oversee monthly payroll and preparation of social charges and tax remittances for staff;
- Retain and maintain financial records;
- Ensure compliance with US Government, USAID, and SoCha policies and procedures for finance, procurement, and human resources; and
- Ensure compliance with Zambian labor laws.
- ACCA,CIMA,CA and/or MA/MBA Degree preferably with Accountancy major
- 5+ years demonstrable experience managing finances and administration for donor funded projects; preferably USAID
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Experience with QuickBooks software
2. Procurement & Logistics Specialist
This position is responsible for all logistics and procurement matters in Lusaka office.
- Oversee all logistical activities on the project, support, and follow-up on procurements, and ensure compliance with relevant procedures related to travel.
- Plan and support all logistics for MEL activities, and other project activities.
- Oversee all aspects of logistical services for the project’s office according to USAID and SoCha regulations
- Coordinate and ensure provision of procurement and administrative support for all project activities
- Ensure effective operations by coordinating with drivers, venues, suppliers, activity- specific logisticians, etc.
- Mobilize personnel and consultants by arranging travel and accommodation.
- Maintain and update the project’s calendar of activities.
- Collaborate with technical and program teams and staff to draft contracts with vendors and service providers related to logistical.
- Draft Requests for Quotations/Proposals, coordinate proposal reviews, and write selection memos in accordance with USAID and SoCha LLC policies.
- Foster and manage all relationships with vendors and service providers and ensure compliance with the terms of their contracts or service agreements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply is an advantage
- 5+ years of experience serving in a related position, overseeing logistics and procurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in conducting comparative cost analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in negotiating vendor contracts (including price levels, terms of delivery, etc.)
How to apply:
Suitably skilled applicants should lodge their CV at using the apply link below.
Applications Closes on 19th October 2020