Requisition Number: 505592
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Information Technology, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Responsible for course design (using tools such as Articulate Storyline 2 and Microsoft PowerPoint), learning objectives, story boards, assessment training sessions and other instructional material.
- Responsible for the quality of the course content and the user experience.
- Develop and/or coordinate teaching aids such as outlines, handouts, instructions and other reference materials.
- Course maintenance, including course technology suitability.
- To enhance the ability of all personnel to use the Smelters available eLearning technology resources through the development of suitable online training programs.
- Work closely with other eLearning team members, users and various Smelter employees in order to determine training needs, online learning requirements and also to meet eLearning objectives.
- Provide timely and efficient user support and assistance by investigating questions related to the courses and LMS platform.
- Provide consultation offering recommendations for enhancing the experience, overall design and ease of learner use of various eLearning materials.
- Determine when training deficiencies require new training programs and identify technology skill gaps.
- Work with requestors to understand training needs and make recommendations to ensure most effective multimedia is selected.
- Create, maintain and distribute course reports. Provides management with metrics and updates to assist in managing compliance to all set training objectives and requirements.
- Provide initial and refresher learner training to LMS users. Provide advanced training to managers/supervisors on reporting functionality and curriculum maintenance process
- Copy-edit all content for style, accuracy and meaning.
- Other tasks as may be required.
- Minimum university-level qualification in Computer Science, Multimedia Design, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of video editing and capturing software.
- Effective team interaction/linking, both peer to peer and supervisor to employee
- Able to develop/modify process, establish procedures and execute plans, through proper and accurate analytical & diagnostic process
- Graphics design
- Familiarity with Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Familiarity with web authoring and web development software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- High level of verbal and communication skills
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- Critical thinking and data analysis
- Innovative and flexible
- High attention to detail
- Ability to interact and work with people from various backgrounds and of different levels of understanding and comprehension
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to follow instructions and to give instructions where required
- Systematic monitoring and assessment skills
- Problem Solving
- Working knowledge of instructional design, configuring eLearning applications and designing online courses
- Working knowledge of capturing and editing screenshots and digital video for documentation
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Applications close: 22 Apr 2019 FLE Daylight Time