Requisition Number: 501546
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Mine Geology, Mining
- Ensure the surface mine wall stability is continuously monitored (visually and with monitoring equipment)
- Address potential instability to eliminate or reduce the impact thereof
- Design and implement a geotechnical data collection programme to inform design decisions
- Evaluate the data collected and recorded, and conduct stability analyses to optimise the mine layout
- Train subordinates, technical services and production personnel to identify risks associated with strata control
- Participate in mine planning meetings, technical services programmes to optimise the mining layouts and mine-specific safety initiatives (Visible Felt Leadership and Think Coaching)
- Actively participate in First Quantum Minerals Limited’s Rock Engineering training and audit processes
- Actively participate in Zambian Rock (Geo-technical) Engineering forums and research programs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate (Passing Mathematics and Physical Science)
- A tertiary qualification (Degree or Diploma) preferably in Mining or Geology
- A Strata Control Certificate
- 2 years minimum experience in a Mining Operation (Production or Technical Services)
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Competent user of Rocscience Dips, Slide and Phase 2.
- Knowledge of Auto CAD, Surpac or other CAD related packages
- Should have Surface Mining experience
- Must be in possession of Valid Driving License
Applications close: 16 Jun 2017 FLE Daylight Time
To apply please visit careers.first-quantum.com.