Website TechnoServe Zambia Limited
Request for Quotation (RFQ)
4X4 Project Vehicles
Date: 7th May 2021
Subject: Request for Quotations
TechnoServe Inc. (TNS) – Zambia, invites your firm to participate in this competitive solicitation for pricing, delivery and terms of potential sale on the following two 4×4 project vehicles for TNS office in Zambia.
TechnoServe is an independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to reducing poverty by increasing the competitiveness of farms, businesses and industries in 29 countries across Africa, Latin America and India.
TechnoServe, Inc. has been working in Zambia since 10th November 2010. We design, manage and implement programs that have responded to specific needs of the population, particularly around food processing, business strengthening and development, and analysis and support in key value chains. TechnoServe is legally registered in Zambia as a Company Limited by Guarantee and its name is TechnoServe Zambia Limited.
TechnoServe Zambia is searching for two high quality four wheel drive vehicles which will be used by project staff during the implementation of its projects. The vehicle should be spacious, able to go off road, fuel economical, reasonable to maintain and service as it will not only be used in Lusaka but to rural communities around the country. The quotes should be valid for a period of 3 weeks.
Total price must include all taxes and fees, in Zambian Kwacha (ZMW), and should be expressed in a per unit basis, based on the needs listed in Chart 1 below.
Chart 1: Description of Required project vehicles
No Description of project vehicles Unit Unit Cost (ZMW) Total Cost (ZMW)
2 4X4 Diesel Double Cab Vehicle 2
3 Manual and have canopy
4 Model 2018 and above
5 Engine size of 2.5 to 3.0 litres
6 Air-conditioning, central lock, floor mats and number plates
7 Side steps and nudge bar
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The evaluation of each response to this RFQ will be based on vendor demonstrated competence, compliance, format, and organization. The purpose of this RFQ is to identify 4×4 vehicle providers that have the interest, capability, and financial strength to supply TNS with the two new 4×4 project vehicles requested.
Selection will be based on price, maintenance cost, quality of vehicles, and vendor reputation.
All quotes will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
Maintenance Cost- 30%
Product Quality- 30%
Vendor Reputation- 20%
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Request for Quotes is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
2. All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFQ. All late responses will be rejected.
3. All unresponsive quotes will be rejected.
4. All quotes will be considered binding offers. Prices quoted must be valid for entire period provided by respondent.
5. All procurement will be subject to TNS contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
6. TNS reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation or cancel the procurement process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting RFQs for such rejection or cancellation of the procurement.
7. TNS reserves the right to accept all or part of the quotation when awarding the purchase order/contract.
8. All information provided by TNS in this RFQ is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TNS is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
9. TNS reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
10. The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All Responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TNS, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
FORM/CONTENT OF RESPONSE
All quotations shall:
1. Be in the English language.
2. Contain detailed cost in Zambia Kwacha, with applicable Tax/Charges clearly identified, and provided against each of the categories of services described in Chart 1.
3. Provide requested payment terms and conditions.
4. Describe the qualifications, experience and capabilities of the firm in providing the type of services being request by this RFQ.
5. Provide at least 3 references for similar procurements with a description of the work done and the dates performed.
6. Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between TNS and the vendor.
7. A brief outline of the company and services offered, including:
- Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation, and address of the company
- Full legal name and country of citizenry of company’s President and / or Chief Executive Officer and / or all other officers and senior managers of the company
- Year business was established
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
1. Questions regarding this request may be addressed to Muyunda Silishebo, [email protected] and Esther Mpunzi, [email protected], and must be received no later than 18th May 2021. Responses to questions will be distributed to all interested parties no later than 20th April 2021.
2. Responses to the RFQ should be addressed to the attention of Muyunda Silishebo, Procurement/Admin Officer, no later than 21st May 2021.
End of RFQ