Website The Hunger Project Zambia
The Hunger Project Zambia (THP – Zambia), is a branch of the Global Hunger Project, a non-profit, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. Our vision is a world where every woman, man and child leads a healthy, fulfilling life of self-reliance and dignity. Our mission is to end hunger and poverty by pioneering sustainable, grassroots, women-centered strategies and advocating for their widespread adoption in countries throughout the world. THP-Zambia has been operating in Zambia since 2019 and is currently implementing an Epicenter Community Led Development Project in Vubwi District of Eastern Province. The Hunger Project Zambia has secured funding to implement a Nutrition/WASH project targeting mothers of child bearing age and children below the age of five.
THP-Zambia wishes to recruit an experienced and qualified person for the positions of Health Nutrition and Gender Project Officer, Project Officer and Project Driver.
VACANCY 1-HEALTH NUTRITION AND GENDER PROJECT OFFICER – (1 position)
Duty Station – Chipata, to manage Chipangali District project area.
JOB PURPOSE: To take a leading role in the Implementation of The Hunger Project Zambia’s Health, Nutrition and Gender Programs in Zambia, and special projects as briefly outlined below:
Reporting to the National Program Director, the key responsibilities of the Health Nutrition and Gender Program Officer will be as follows;
- Take a leading role in implementation of The Hunger Project Zambia’s Health, Nutrition and Gender Programs in its operation areas within the Framework of The Hunger Project.
- Provide technical support to other Program Officers to ensure that Gender equality, Nutrition and HIV&AIDS are fully mainstreamed in all THP-Zambia’s operations
- Be Health, Nutrition, and Gender focal person for the organization
- Ensure that all specific Health, HIV & AIDS, Nutrition and Gender projects set targets are fully attained/achieved on time
- Represent THP-Zambia, where necessary and as may be delegated by the National Program Director, on issues/forums related to Health, HIV&AIDS, Nutrition and Gender.
- Prepare Health, HIV & AIDS, Nutrition and Gender program work plans and budgets
- Prepare project proposals for funding from donors in the areas of Health, HIV & AIDS, Nutrition and Gender and support all resource mobilization efforts within THP-Zambia
- The job holder shall be responsible to oversee operationalization of THP-Zambia’s Gender Workplace Policy
- Produce regular as well as donor activity progress reports of the Health, HIV & AIDS, Nutrition and Gender projects (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, end of project, or as may be required by the specific donors)
- Supervise the work of project officers on special Health, HIV & AIDS, Nutrition and Gender Projects as well as other members of staff below him/her in line with THP-Zambia’s organogram.
- Ensure that necessary and relevant records are kept within the set domain of THP-Zambia
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the National Program Director from time to time as the case may be.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Health, HIV & AIDS, Nutrition and Gender practices and policies
- Must possess basic advocacy and dissemination skills/competency.
- Must have a Degree in Nutrition or related field with vast knowledge on HIV and Gender issues. Those with post graduate diploma in HIV and Gender will have an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience on a senior /leadership position working in a Non-Governmental Organization.
- Experience in working with multi-sector district teams
- Must be used to working in a challenging environment and committed to provide excellent service
- Be highly motivated and organized, with strong work ethic, proactive attitude to problem solving and an inclination to work smart as part of a competent team
- Should possess excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills in English.
VACANCY 2. EPICENTER PROJECT OFFICER: (1 position) reporting to the National Programs Director.
Duty Station: Vubwi.
- Take a leading role in implementation of The Hunger Project Zambia’s Epicenter strategy.
- Coordinate the project activities with government line ministries and other key stakeholders at district and community level
- Conduct trainings for target community partners in Agriculture production, Gender, Environmental Management and VCA
- Provide support to Epicenter Committee and Thematic Areas Animators Committees
- Coordinate with partners and government ministries to facilitate effective and timely program implementation
- Facilitate Women and Youth empowerment activities
- Conduct monitoring of project activities at community level
- Write technical reports and submits to management on monthly and quarterly basis
- Participate in other activities as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Fluency in both Chichewa and English required.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, rural /community development, social work, agriculture or diploma in any relevant social science.
- At least 3 (three) years’ relevant experience, preference working for international and local NGOs, and community-based organizations.
- Experience working with rural communities
- Preference for previous experience or work or lived in Eastern Province.
- Experienced motor bike rider with valid license
VACANCY 3-PROJECT DRIVER (1 Position) Duty station – Chipata
- Ensuring that the safety of passengers is at all times not jeopardized.
- Ensuring the security and proper maintenance of the vehicle.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is used only for official business (no unauthorized passengers).
- Ensuring that the log book and fuel records are up to date on daily basis.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is in usable condition at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is cleaned every day and that tires, oil level, water levels and the battery are checked each morning.
- Reporting immediately all problems experienced with the vehicle and advising the office when service is due.
- Running errands as authorized by management.
- Any other related work as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional driving license preferably with defensive driver’s license.
- Minimum Grade 12 School Certificate of Education
- Ability to communicate in good English
- Possess basic motor vehicle mechanical skills
- Two year relevant experience
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates, please send your CV (resumes), with names and contacts of two traceable referees and a motivation covering letter electronically to [email protected] to be received not later than 5:00pm on 26th March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.