REGISTRAR/PROGRAMMES OFFICER-CHURCH & COMMUNITY SERVICES
Founded in 1979, Theological Education by Extension in Zambia (TEEZ) is an Ecumenical Program of Several Churches aimed at providing extension-based theological and community development training to Church leaders and ordinary Church members in order “to prepare all God’s people for the work of Christian service” (Ephesians 4:12).
The member Churches are the African Methodist Episcopal Church, Anglican Church, Church of Central African Presbyterian, Community of Christ, Christian Missions in Many Lands (CMML-Open), Lutheran Evangelical Church in Africa, Reformed Church in Zambia, United Church of Zambia, United Methodist Church, and Uniting Presbyterian Church in Southern Africa.
Theological Education by Extension in Zambia collaborates with Member Churches and communities across the ten provinces of Zambia to deliver Christian Education and Church Community Services programs and projects.
We believe in the power of building a vibrant and healthy family, Church and society through Church and community service so that people may have life and life in its fullness (John 10:10b). Working together with various Churches and partners, we strive to make Christ known and the power of His love, mercy and justice manifested.
We have been building the capacity of individuals and local Churches through our extension-based Theological and Social Community Development programs and projects since 1979.
We believe in integrity, commitment, and innovation in all we do as we reflect the love of God to all people.
ABOUT THE POSITION
REGISTRAR/PROGRAMME OFFICER-CHURCH & COMMUNITY SERVICES (KITWE)- INTERNSHIP (4-6 MONTHS)
(This a Copperbelt Based Post)
- The Registrar is accountable to the Executive Director and Training & Capacity Development Manager.
- The Registrar will be a marketing personality, primarily responsible for students’ recruitment and admissions. He or she will build strong and lasting relationships with prospective students and TEEZ Member Churches, delivering on TEEZ objectives to ensure the institution’s programs operate fully. In addition, he or she shall ensure that all enquirers and applicants receive a positive impression of the institution.
- As a prominent public representative of TEEZ, he or she will excel in customer service and be a firm believer in the core values and ethos of the organisation
- The TEEZ Registrar/Programme Officer will play a crucial part in the planning, preparation, and execution of critical admissions-related events, such as workshops, seminars, training, and any exhibition events and TEEZ Sunday. In addition, he or she will provide regular updates to the Training & Capacity Development Manager and subsequently to the Executive Director on the registration, classes, and data management processes.
- The Registrar will work closely with Training & Capacity Development Manager, Finance & Administration Officer, Office Assistant/Printing Officer, and Executive Assistant. As a team, develop and foster effective working relationships with field training groups and teams.
- This is a crucial post critical to the continued growth and development of TEEZ. Therefore, it is essential that the Registrar/Programme Officer has excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintains a high level of efficiency and is calm, confident, and professional with various audiences.
- The TEEZ Registrar/Programme Officer is expected to have a whole TEEZ programme approach and ensure that our clients /stakeholders understand the importance of TEEZ ins its theological and community-oriented development. He or she will also be expected to attend the whole planning session to understand the training and pastoral experiences that students and participants can expect concerning TEEZ. In addition, a sound understanding of record management, recruitment, examination marking/grading, and curriculum development would be an advantage.
- The TEEZ Registrar/Programme Officer will have a high level of accountability with the critical success measures, measured against the number of new enquiries generated, the number of students/participants and registrations and the flow of students between the individual year class groups.
Additional Responsibilities on Programmes (Church & Community Services)
- The position holder shall be responsible for supporting the Training & Development Department with evidence-based strategies to address the Church’s Mission, Discipleship, Evangelism, Christian Education and Diaconal programs in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Gender-based violence, Environment and climate-related activities, Financial Inclusion and Clergy & Women Economic Strengthening in ways that improve human dignity, equitable access to opportunities, social justice, Church growth and inmates identity in Christ (prison ministry).
SPECIFIC DUTIES (CHURCH & COMMUNITY SERVICES)
- Build the capacity of TEEZ Member Churches, Church leaders and members to under the Churches’ role in Social Services and Teaching.
- The Registrar/Programme Officer will be expected to have critical key competency in developing strategies to enhance the capacity of TEEZ Member Churches and Communities where they serve and evangelise on issues related to Biblical understanding, Government policies and laws on Churches’ social intervention.
- Working with Church and Non-Church actors to strengthen coordination of the Churches’ response at various levels
- Promoting knowledge sharing, learning of strategies, interventions and lessons learnt in programming congregation-based Christian Education and Community Services.
- Collaborating with different actors, such as the Government and other faith-based organisations, on thematic areas of programme implementation.
- Providing technical support to groups and Churches for the development and applying practical tools for ministry in liaison with the Training & Capacity Development Manager.
- Supporting the design and monitoring of strategies and activities for Church and Community Services.
- Providing technical support to implementing grassroots and churches to develop annual work plans and supporting their implementation.
- Participating in joint planning, monitoring, and reviewing activities in the implementing areas and supporting the establishment and equipping of Christian Educators/Trainers.
- Collecting and assessing relevant information concerning strategies implemented by TEEZ.
- Support TEEZ fundraising initiatives
- Aged between 28- 38 years.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Education, Gender, or other related social sciences from a recognised University.
- Additional qualifications in statistics, Monitoring, and Evaluation are an added advantage.
- At least one (1) year of experience in data management, programming, teaching, and training, or Christian-related programmes.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Church and Social Justice issues.
- Demonstrable experience in research and working within influential coalitions and networks.
- Ability to identify funding organisations and facilitate the development of partnerships at the operational level and use the partnership for scaling up interventions.
- An initiative-taker, able to work under minimal supervision and be a team player.
- Strong writing skills for project reports and project documents
- Experience with similar previous work and the ability to speak and understand major local languages will be added advantages.
OTHER REQUESTED COMPETENCES
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and effectively guides the programme in strategic processes such as strategic planning.
- Meets set targets within set time frames and targets of high quality.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the organisational mission, vision, and lives by values of Theological Education by Extension in Zambia.
- A committed Christian of sober character and mind.
- Mature and sober character.
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent command of other software packages and corporate tools and ability to make optimal use of tools and modern technologies
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English as an official language and local languages in at least one or two of the seven official Zambian local languages.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating daytime telephone and mobile contacts clearly stating the Job Title in the subject line to: veryr[email protected] and copy to: [email protected].
All Applications should be addressed to the following.
Executive Director /Chief Executive Officer
Theological Education by Extension in Zambia – TEEZ
Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation Campus
P.O Box 23054
The closing date is 2nd February 2023.
No telephone calls shall be allowed.