Website TopFloorZambia TopFloor Limited
Complete Solutions for Human Capital
Our Client, a Commercial Insurance Business in Zambia is seeking to hire a Business Development Manager. This is primarily a Business Development role whose purpose will be to plan, execute and evaluate the ROI of all business development initiatives to attract, retain and expand a loyal client base.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Execute complex, long-term partnerships with strategic partners that unlock benefits for the company and its customers.
- Development of new business models to deliver and capture value from customers resulting in growth of revenue.
- Build alliances and partnerships to generate revenue streams.
- Maintain an understanding of external competitive developments and their impact on our business and innovation strategy.
- Clear cascade of strategy and objective to the team to deliver on the financial targets.
- Generate an ideas funnel towards achieving results in line with the overall business growth strategy.
- Control and periodically check operational risks and workflow in conjunction with operations.
- Manage and further develop existing strategic partnership relationships.
- Design processes that will safeguard both the customer and the company from financial losses.
- Provide leadership for the business team through clearly communicating strategy and goals and coaching sessions.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Ensure that there are proper succession plans for key roles within BD and career development for direct reports.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience working as a Business Development Manager or similar role
- Experience in relationship building with large corporate groups.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good sense of cross-selling and strong product knowledge
- Ability to foster positive relationships with all individuals across the organization as well as clients.
- Able to resolve problems offering effective solutions.
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Self-starter with high degree of resourcefulness requiring minimal supervision.
How to apply
Applicants should send their resumes to [email protected] with the job title as the email subject before 05th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.