Our client in the health sector that supports eye care around the world is looking to hire an Operations Manager.
- Working closely with the Operations team, internal stakeholders and the in-country partners to execute and implement strategies that will deliver all KPI targets and strategies developed for the programme
- Work closely with Ministry of Health and Country Manager to identify sites for new VCs.
- Manage and work within the operations budget
- Work closely with the Finance manager to develop the Operations aspect of the budgets
- Take ownership and accountability on all supplied equipment.
- Ensure proper Marketing and Awareness strategies are in place to drive traffic to the vision centres.
- Work closely with the Country Manager and Africa leadership to ensure a phased transition of operations to the in-country partner
Monitoring /Support and Reporting
- Lead on all analysis of data for Vision centres. This includes the development of graphs and related visual tools
- Provide all operations report on time to the lead supervisor e.g. Country Manager and/or Regional expansion and development manager
- Weekly upward communications to Country Manager and all senior project managers on deliverables.
- Ensure all monitoring tools are used consistently and effectively as per guidelines developed.
- Ensure data compliance at all Vision centres
- Ensure vision centres are compliant with 12 step audit.
- Ensure vision centres are compliant with inventory control and replenishment processes.
- Ensure vision centres are compliant with order entry process.
- Ensure vision centre staff members are compliant with all QA processes.
- Ensure vision centre staff members are compliant with all sales model behaviours ensuring all KPI metrics are achieved.
- Ensure vision centre staff members are compliant with all policies, procedures, and behaviours in the Operations Manual.
- Collaborate with MOH and hospital management to select key talent to staff vision centres with appropriate manpower.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and future vision centre Eye Unit staff to teach them the skills necessary to deliver all key metrics.
- Partnering with MoH to maintain necessary relationships needed to deliver key metrics.
Coaching and Skills transfer
- Supervise and Coach all Operations Coordinators
- Play a leadership role together with the other managers
- Hold your team accountable to their job description and key metrics; Operations Coordinators
- Transfer skills to in-country Hospital Staff to ensure transition of duties in a phased manner
Collaboration with Country Team
- Work closely with the Country Manager to build, develop and grow strategies vital to the success of the programme in Zambia.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Lab and Logistics manager to ensure excellent delivery of the service
- Any other duties assigned by Country Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Sociology, Economics, Demography and other related social sciences.
- Experience and exposure to I.T is an added advantage.
- 2 – 3 years of experience working in a development related field with government projects or NGO’s
- Work experience in the health care will be an added advantage.
- Must have demonstrable experience in capacity building and facilitation of training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak any of the major local languages is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to make timely decisions, innovative and problem-solving skills
Applicants should send their resumes to [email protected] with the job title as the email subject before 31st December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.