ULUSE MINERALS LIMITED
Uluse Minerals Limited is a mining company located in Kabwe looking for a Human Resources Manager, Qualified Accountant and Geological Surveyor.
1. HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER – Role Summary
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for all HR functions within the organisation. We are seeking a highly organised individual who has a strong leadership skills, attention to detail, good experience using Microsoft Office and a robust understanding of the Labor Laws. The Human Resource Manager will work closely with all department heads to ensure HR best practice.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Verify, update, digitize and secure all staff records.
Coordinate with HoDs in organisation staff planning
- Lead the recruitment for all departments – advertisements, assessments, interviews, references
- Prepare and have the Labour Office attest all staff contracts
- Oversee the staff onboarding and exit processes
- Lead staff performance management from induction to the yearly reviews
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws in implementing HR practices
- Prepare, revise and keep updated all HR policies, handbooks/manuals and guidance
- Verify all staff attendance and approve leave
- Work with the Head of Finance on salary preparation
- Manage staff welfare including disciplinary procedures
- Spearhead internal and external correspondences and distribution
- Ensure smooth and accurate flow of information to all.
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any related.
- ZIHRM accredited qualification.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of local laws and USAID rules and regulations related to personnel management and compliance.
- Previous supervisory experience for HR team.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
2. ACCOUNTANT – Role Summary
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your duties will include but not limited to the following.
- Development, implementation and support the entities objectivity through continual audit of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company requirements for Accounting Records and standards, Taxation and Asset protection and internal financial controls.
- Recording of Financial and business transactions in the accounting software package.
- Tax management- (VAT Payable/Claim, VAT credibility report, Withholding VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE and Mineral Royalty).
- Assist in Tax Audit processes with ZRA and External Auditors.
- Bank, Payable and receivable reconciliation.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Must have at least 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Must be a holder of CA Zambia II, ACCA II, CIMA II, Degree in Accountancy, or any Finance related field.
- A member of ZICA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between time, resource allocation, and the Firm’s profitability and productivity.
- Keeps accurate and effective records of own time.
- Completes own work within timescale and to budget.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Builds constructive relationships with other team members.
- Provides relevant feedback to the team leader or supervisor in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
3. GELOGICAL SURVEYOR – Role Summary
Reporting to the Survey Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordination and execution of daily survey tasks and related activities and ensuring that the survey quality plan is implemented, and appropriate survey control and integrity of data maintained. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide survey services to the mine exploration department.
- Responsible to carry out photogrammetric surveys (aerial surveys) using UAVs.
- Carry out TSF and WSF (sonar) surveys.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely survey service
- Establish and monitor primary and secondary controls within the mining tease.
- Daily survey pickups for presentation of a daily dig plan for use by operations in a timely manner.
- Carry out survey data analysis on survey data.
- Maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all tiles in the survey database.
- Set out of all mine design and geological requirements which includes preparation of set out plans for all designated stall to utilize.
- Carry out stockpile surveys on a regular basis for accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month.
- Carry out pit surveys on a regular basis for accurate bench and total volumes to be calculated at the end of each.
- Participate in the preparation of yearly mining plans to be submitted to the Zambian Mines department.
- Monitoring of wall instability in pit, dumps, dams and all structural deformations with accurate reporting on required basis
- Maintenance of surveying equipment to required standards.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Mine, Geomatic, Land or Engineering Surveying
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
- A minimum of 2 years survey experience in the mining industry
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing GPS equipment, 3D scanners, Total stations, data recorders arid associated surveying software like Vulcan, Arc view, Data mine or Surpac.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 31st January 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your application letter and other credentials as a single PDF and state the email subject based on the role you are applying for to – [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com