United Gypsum Investments Limited
UNITED GYPSUM INVESMENT LTD IS LOOKING FOR A PLANT PRODUCTION ENGINEER
United Gypsum Investments Ltd is the first and only company to manufacture and distribute the widest variety of gypsum related products and accessories in Zambia.
We are currently looking to hire a vibrant and experienced individual to take up the position of Production Engineer to be stationed at our Monze Mine Site.
We are searching for a reliable, innovative production engineer to oversee washing processes at our Monze Mine Site. You will join our growing team of professionals and be responsible for supervising staff, in charge of the washing plant and production operations at the plant. You will be required to ensure health and safety regulations are followed, training workers in the responsible use of machinery, identifying problems in the production line, troubleshooting equipment, and completing various administrative tasks.
KPA/I`s (Key Performance Areas/ Indictors)
- Responsible for Supervising the production/washing processes of gypsum, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner.
- Responsible for developing plans that improve production, costs, and labor required.
- Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing effective and efficient solutions.
- Establishing safety procedures and protocols that take the plant workers’ well-being into account.
- Drawing up and implementing production and maintenance schedules tailor made for the effective and efficient running of the washing plant.
- Analyzing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement as well as drawing up all statutory reports required both for internal and external communication.
- ICT knowledge and regulatory models, both transformation and transaction leadership abilities
- Highly analytical, good sense of balance between business acumen and Government systems operations.
- Effective people management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, assertive and results oriented.
- should be an independent thinker and keen problem-solver and must have good Understanding of performance management and instilling accountability.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s in mechanical engineering.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Holder of current Zambian Blasting license and valid First Aid Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in mineral processing plants. (Cement and limestone processing plant experience will be an added advantage).
- Experience with working in a culturally diverse environment.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV, cover letter and Academic qualifications to [email protected] before the closing date of 16th January 2023.