United Nation High Commissioner for Refugees
Its a UN agency and its mandate is to protect and help Refugees
INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Zambia invites candidates to apply for the following position:
Job Title: Snr Programme/CBI Assistant
Position No: 10030417
Duty Station: Field Office Solwezi
Contract Type/Level: Fixed Term Appointment/ G5
Other details: Female Candidates are encouraged to Apply
Issue Date: 21/09/2020
Closing Date: 5/10/2020
Applications Details: HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in writing indicating the title/number of the position addressed and sendApplicants should clearly indicate the Title of the Position and Vacancy Notice Number: ZAMSO/VA/20/002 Please note that applications that do not have the post title and/or vacancy number on top of the envelope shall not be CONSIDERED.
Please send your application by email to: [email protected] or send to The Administrative/Finance Officer, UNHCR Representation Office, P.O. Box 32542, Lusaka.
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter by email to [email protected]
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Please note only applications for short listed candidates are acknowledged
CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECTED TO ORAL TEST
Organisational Context: The incumbent normally receives guidance from various units including Programme and Protection and Database manager. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s), notably from CBI officer on issue related to technical aspects. The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. Knowledge of the work of and liaison with Financial Service Providers (FSP). The Senior Cash-Based Interventions (CBI) Assistant is supervised by the head of the office or the Associate Programme officer. S/he performs a variety of functions related to cash assistance activities within the office. The incumbent will assist in monitoring the quality of the provision of cash assistance for the operation under area of responsibility. S/he will be required to maintain strong relations with other units within UNHCR as well as operational partners and contractors working with UNHCR on the delivery of cash assistance to persons of concern. S/he will be expected to ensure compliance with CBI policy and regulations throughout CBI process. S/he will monitor the design and budgeting of CBI-related interventions within the CoP, in line with donor’s requirements.
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures with regards programming and CBI are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- Project Partnership Agreements are timely designed or revised to meet the CBI requirements
- Maintain and update the beneficiaries data base in a regular basis, in coordination with FSP
- Coordinate data collection and cash assistance eligibility determination with relevant partners and contractors.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of the UNHCR cash assistance programme including the delivery of all assistance item, monitoring of infrastructure, completion of home visits, etc.
- Perform data analysis and reporting as required.
- Contribute in the planning of CBI within Country Operation Plan
- Ensure Post-distribution monitoring and surveys, and support project control in financial verification
- Prepare status and progress reports, prepare tables and draft routine correspondence.
- Support market surveys with regards to the appropriateness of the amount of cash provided
- Keep abreast of the local market and its changes to inform decision making regarding CBI efficiency
- Contribute to the definition of the minimum expenditure basket defining the amount of the cash provided
- Contribute to the monitoring of the performances of partners involved in CBI through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports, expenditures, field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Assist in collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Assist in negotiating project agreements with partners and ensure that Project Partnership Agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions.
- Ensure proper filing and record keeping
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Access the relevant information and programme records, Focus/ MSRP data.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Liaise with populations of concern, assistance beneficiaries, and partners.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Completion of Secondary education courses/ training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Economics or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (in MS office).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES. : UNHCR Learning Programmes, other training, additional languages, Field/HQs experience, etc.
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.).
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
- Experience in working with UNHCR contractors and partners.
- Experience in Cash-Based interventions and in working with financial service providers
- Working experience in MS/Excel and MS/Access.