Website United Nations World Food Programme
1. TERM OF REFERENCE: HR INTERNSHIP
Title: HR Intern for Zambia CO
Contract Type: Intern
Unit: HR Team Zambia
Duty Station (City, Country): Lusaka Zambia
Reports to: HR Officer NOA
Duration: 5 months
2. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The organization is committed to empower those responsible and accountable for the results of WFP strategic outcomes to be better equipped to design and implement impactful programmes which make a difference in the lives of those that WFP serves. To achieve this, a lot of new HR initiatives at Global and Country office level are being launched to look at responsibilities, structures, talent and skills that will support the strategic outcomes and WFP is looking for outstanding HR interns to get involved and contribute to these exciting HR projects.
We are currently recruiting a driven and independent intern based in Zambia Country office to assist the HR team with a lot of stimulating new projects. As part of the HR team, this internship will contribute and assist in developing and coordinating programs and solutions in diversified HR areas like talent management, learning and development, organization alignment, change management, onboarding, gender parity, and others.
3. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Human Resource Unit with the following key duties:
- Support with the administration of day-to-day Country Office HR team’s operations like responding to staff members’ queries and run HR processes.
- Assist in the design and the development of diverse new HR projects that boarder around the WFP HR integrated capability model on talent management, organization design, learning and development programs, change management, onboarding, gender parity and others.
- Support the HR team members in implementing HR solutions, helping tracking project progress according to timeline.
- Conduct data analyses to measure effectiveness of HR operations and solutions and suggest some process efficiencies.
•Perform other duties as required.
4. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University student, preferably in Human Resources Management or/and with a great interest for Human Resources practices. (currently studying or graduated in last 6 months).
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluent in oral and written English
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Desire to learn about and develop key skills in the field of HR, and more specifically, in HR projects and HR processes.
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Technology savvy; ability to think out-of-the box and to come up with innovative ideas.
5. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
6.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications 22 September 2018.
This position is open to Zambian nationals only!
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job please visit www1.wfp.org.