University of Maryland Zambia
- Provide leadership with urban and rural treatment facilities to provide holistic clinical care for ART patients, clinical assessments of patients receiving ART, recognition and management of side effects, identification and management of OIs, Adherence and palliative care skills;
- Support health facilities medical staff in clinical care of ART with complex cases;
- Support health facilities in providing healthcare (with a specific focus on HIV) to adolescents and/or key populations;
- Develop expertise in the Community HIV Epidemic Control strategy implemented by UMB and support its effective implementation in the field
- Understand goals and objectives of current funding grants and work towards successful implementation, data collection and reporting as part of the broader technical team
- Participate in MoH technical working groups;
- Ensure quality care at site level by enhancing capacity of clinical (Medical Officer, Clinical Officer and Nursing) staff by building on current skills through onsite mentoring and trainings;
- Review of local challenges and assist sites with problem solving;
- Participate in advance training programs including: clinical assessment of patients receiving ART, recognizing and managing drug side effects, identifying and managing of opportunistic infections, TB/HIV co-infection;
- Provide supported facilities with all the latest information on HIV care, including updates on new National Guidelines.
- Clinical Officer
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV care and treatment;
- Must have prior experience in capacity building, such as planning/facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance;
- Preferred: Prior experience working in adolescent-specific health programs or programs related to health of key populations;
- Familiarity in adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Fluency in Tonga an added benefit
Please send all Applications and CVs to [email protected] Please ensure to clearly state the job title applying for on subject line. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Application deadline is Thursday July 12th 2018, 5pm.