University of Maryland Zambia
UMB will use the CM to link adolescents to all health services offered in the community and school. CM will also assist linking key populations to all health services and support creating safe environments for health services.
The CM will be a local person very familiar with the community.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with schools (Head Masters) and the health facilities (in-charges);
- Work closely with representatives of key populations and health facilities to promote access to quality health services
- Train and mentor peer educators and Community Health Workers in adolescent and key population health services;
- Collaborate with local stakeholders;
- Document and follow up all gender based violence and link to GBV support facilities;
- Coordinate health promotional services at facility, schools and community levels;
- Ensure all clients tested positive in the community are linked to treatment care and support;
- Arrange and coordinate community sensitization and mobilization activities;
- Plan and oversee activities of the CHWs in the respective facility and be responsible for ensuring the linkage of all clients referred from community to facility;
- Submit reports to facility and to UM
- Professional certificate in either teaching or social sciences
- Aged between 25-35 years and able to build good relationship with adolescents
Please send all Applications and CVs to [email protected] Clearly state job title applying for on Subject line. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Application deadline is Thursday July 12th 2018, 5pm.