USAID DISCOVER- Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
The USAID DISCOVER-Health project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute Inc. (JSI) supports the efficient and effective control of the HIV epidemic, childhood illnesses, and unplanned pregnancies in order to reduce associated morbidity and mortality. The project aims to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV/AIDS, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), reproductive health and family planning (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The USAID DISCOVER-Health utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private (commercial and non-commercial) sectors, to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets. USAID DISCOVER-Health serves as a strategic partner and steward to the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) at national, provincial, and district levels.
Consultancy Title: TB/HIV Consultant
Position Type: Consultancy
Duration of Assignment : 120 days ( 3 months )
Duty Station: Lusaka
Reporting: Deputy Project Director – Clinical Services
Purpose of the Consultancy
Working under the general direction and supervision of the Deputy Project Director-Clinical Services, the TB/HIV consultant, works diligently to strengthen systems to Prevent TB among the ART clients in USAID DISCOVER-Health Sites and supports other activities that improve patient treatment outcome such as viral load monitoring and coverage. In coordination with the clinical team, S/he supports TB screening, provision of TPT to clients who are not TB suspects, facilitates establishment of definitive diagnosis of TB suspects and referral for treatment of TB patients.
1. Coordinates the TB screening among ART clients to increase uptake of IPT and TB treatment in ART sites
2. Works with the SUPPLY chain department to ensure that all logistics for TB screening and TPT are in place.
3. Creates mechanisms to track clients on TPT to improve IPT completion rates
4. Ensures capacity building in TB/HIV management for staff and CHW providing service in DISCOVER sites.
5. Collaborates with Laboratory staff to ensure efficient diagnosis of TB among presumptive TB patients and viral load testing
6. Represents DISCOVER on TB/HIV TWG meetings when assigned
7. Contributes to the improvement of viral load monitoring among ART clients
The TB/HIV consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables
- Increased uptake of IPT in all sites
- Improved IPT completion rates in all sites
- Improved supply of TPT supplies in sites
- Improved viral load coverage
- Successfully completed similar assignments before.
- Conversant with TB/HIV collaborative activities and ART program
- Medical Doctor
- MPH or equivalent desirable.
- Has worked in HIV and TB settings activities for at least 4 years
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Please send email applications addressed to the Project Director to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications: Wednesday October 14th 2020.