USAID DISCOVER - Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Job Title: Office Manager
Location: USAID DISCOVER Health Project – Lusaka Head Office
Category: Full Time
Reporting: Procurement and Administration Manager
The Office Manager coordinates, supervises admin staff and provide oversight of office management for DISCOVER-Health project Lusaka HQ office.
Main Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To maintain all general organization documentation, including assisting staff with E-filing.
- Oversight and management of utility bills, scheduling of all administrative vendor payments for office supplies and rental payments.
- Management of contracts, insurance requirements, government regulations and safety standards. Ensuring that these are compliant with the law.
- Coordinating staff needs, space allocation, orientation process and initiating procurement of office supplies or equipment as deemed necessary
- Supervising Office cleaning and maintenance of a conducive work environment
- Plan for efficient information and data processing, mail, materials scheduling and distribution, printing and reproduction,
- Managing of all telecommunications systems
- Organize meetings and ensure that the required administrative support is provided including a system of maintaining all staff minutes
- Management of the front office including visitor screening
- Any other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure that all USAID regulations and JSI’s policies are implemented and in place;
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the office;
- Ensure that staff are well set up and comfortable in the office and surrounding premises;
- Manage the office storage system including detailed record keeping of inventory levels, and monitoring of use by staff as appropriately required;
- Coordinate all logistical support for staff and consultants including office setup, hotel accommodations and conference bookings;
- Liaise with travel agents to obtain reservations and tickets for all project related in – country and international travel;
- Coordinate with Administrative Assistant and other staff to create and maintain administrative files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner;
- Serve as the direct supervisor of the all administrative assistant and other administrative staff as assigned;
- Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning;
Work with the Procurement and Administration Manager to ensure safety and daily security of office premises;
- Produce and track all Mission travel concurrence requests and approvals;
Oversee maintenance of all office supplies and equipment, including the scheduling of routine maintenance, and oversight of outside services providers (except IT);
- Serve as a liaison with office landlord, assisted by the Procurement and Administration Manager, when necessary;
- Manage various service contracts, agreements and leases in coordination with the Procurement and Administration Manager including security, drinking water supply, generator maintenance, etc.;
- Maintain the field office equipment inventory and provide support on annual reconciliations, as well as monthly updates;
- Responsible for communicating with appropriate authorities regarding obtaining the VAT tax exemption certificate;
- Maintain the expatriate staff residence visa and work permit up to date and ensure they are renewed on time; and
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as required by the Procurement and Administration Manager.
- First degree in business administration, public administration or related field, with at least 7 years of office management experience in an international organization or multinational company;
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff;
- Experience in inventory management;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and supervisory skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with an international NGO preferred; and
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, addressed to the “Project Director” USAID DISCOVER-Health Project, Stand 45/D/REM-3-A/377, Warthog Road, Kabulonga, and Lusaka, Zambia to: [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of submission of the applications is Monday, 27th February, 2023 @14:00 CAT.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.