Website Mika Hotels Limited
Mika Hotels is one of the fastest growing Indigenous companies.
UNIT: Mika Lodge Limited
POSITION: Waitron X 2
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverages Supervisor
LENGTH OF SERVICE: Two Years Contract (Performance Based Renewal)
This position requires individuals who are highly motivated to provide personalized services to the guests granting a comeback of guests to the Lodge for more business.
- Warmly great guests and make them feel comfortable.
- Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests.
- Take beverage and food orders.
- Deliver beverages and food in a timely manner.
- Check-in with guests to ensure that everything is going well.
- Clear dirty dishes from tables.
- Refill beverages throughout the meal.
- Prepare and deliver guest’s bill and thank them for dining at the restaurant.
- Work with other servers and be a team player
- Skillfully resolve any problems that guests might be facing
Qualifications for admission to this position are:
- Certificate in hospitality management, general hospitality or related
- Attachments in food and beverages service with a reputable Lodge or Hotel
- Any work experience
- Basic knowledge of beer and wine.
- Waitrons must be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Professional and friendly. (Even in tough situations)
- Team player.
- Effective communication skills with guests and staff.
- Quick thinking.
- Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
- Basic math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Highly hygienic
Soft copy application letters should be attached to the CVs and sent to [email protected] by Saturday 17th June, 2017 while hard copies can be dropped at Mika Lodge Limited, physical address at plot 21 corner of Central and Mwambula street in Jesmondine. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.