Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Water and Sanitation Technician
Reporting to: WASH Engineer and Program Manager
- Develop and coordinate the annual well operation and maintenance program of the WPA
- Ensure the maintenance of spare parts necessary to assist in the community pump repairs and ensure technical support for operations and maintenance (O&M) is available to communities that require it.
- Coordinate community verification visits and review the results with appropriate staff. Develop action plans as needed.
- Coordinate and review all water quality tests, capital maintenance, and re-visits to help ensure accuracy and follow up plans if needed.
- Promote good relations between LWI and communities by transparent communication with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and provide O&M training to identified community members.
- Coordinate field visits to communities for maintenance requests
- Train community, people and local authorities responsible for the administration and operation of each water system over the aspects of operation and maintenance, disinfecting and chlorinating the water for consumption. Responsible for facilitating the follow-up in the areas of operation to guarantee the operational sustainability of the systems through supporting the contracted personnel for the entity (operators and plumbers) by means of trainings in operation, maintenance and administration of the system.
- Coordinate the pump equipment purchases, ensuring the maintenance of appropriate stock
- Transport the pump maintenance equipment as needed
- Ensure proper use of safety equipment, such as gloves, helmets, earplugs, and all necessary safety tools in the field.
- Provide regular /monthly reports to the W&S Engineer
- Performs other tasks as assigned by his supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Pump Mechanics Certificate, water systems or a certification in mechanical engineering. A degree in water or civil engineering is an added advantage
- 2 or more years of experience in pump maintenance.
- Knowledge of water operations, requirements, risk factors and safety involved in operating processes
- Familiar with community water systems
- Ability to install, test and well know the maintenance of water pumps
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Ability to move, travel and stay in the field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of water quality tests
Valid driver’s license-essential in heavy vehicle handling
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.