Requisition Number: 501466
Contract Type: Fixed Term
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Welding out heavy steel components using MIG and FCAW wire feeders
- Welding Exotic Metals such as aluminium and Various stainless steels
- Flame Cutting liners to correct dimensions
- Identifying different grade of carbon steels and selecting correct welding process.
- Troubleshooting and corrective maintenance of defective welding equipment
- Performing Fabrication work when required
- Weld repair Smelter Ladles
- Work Rotating Shift Roster
- Other duties as instructed by the supervisor
- Welder’s Certificate, or equivalent, as a minimum.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in welding
- Must have extensive knowledge of semi-automatic welding processes, MIG and FCAW
- Bold initiative
- Promote Safe Working practices.
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance with a hands on approach, dynamic, drive
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
- PC Literacy
Applications close: 08 Jun 2017 FLE Daylight Time
To apply please visit careers.first-quantum.com.