Website World Renew
Title: Data Protection Consultant
Organization: World Renew Zambia
Reporting to: Country Director, Zambia
Term of Contract: 2 or 3 days during June 2022.
The final report must be delivered no later than June 28th, 2022
World Renew is developing a community development Android based app for use in its ongoing work. The app is designed to be used by community volunteers and field officers to guide their interactions with communities and assist in the community planning process. See http://talmids.net/
The app collects data about specific communities, users, and households. World Renew needs to ensure that it is compliant with the Data Protection Act (2021) in Zambia. The section of particular importance will be Part IV, Principles And Rules Relating To Processing Of Personal Data.
Objectives of the assignment:
The objectives for the assignment are:
- Documentation of the process of collecting and storing personal data in the Talmids App. Information will be gathered from the app developer in Malawi.
- Examination of the potential data security compliance issues when migrating data from Talmids to CommCare
- Cross checking that the process is fully compliant with the Zambia Data Protection Act 2021, World Renew Programme Data Policy, and global best practices in data protection.
- Report stating areas of compliance, and/or changes required to ensure full compliance
- Previous experience designing or assessing android mobile applications or coding work
- Experience in data protection and the Zambia Data Protection Act 2021. Preference will be given to offerors whose data protection experience includes privacy or responsible data activities, including experience with privacy impact assessment, data privacy/risk impact assessments, data sharing or processing agreements, data processing inventories, incident response, and creating operational guidance. Offerors with a high-level familiarity with a broad range of data protection, privacy and compliance risk areas and mitigation strategies are encouraged to apply.
- Willingness to abide by the World Renew Concise Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions
To apply, or to request additional information, please contact Elias Nseluka [email protected]
Applications are due by June 12, 2022