WWF (the World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF is working with companies, governments, communities and other partners in watershed protection and the sustainable management of shared water resources in the public interest through collective actions at basin level.
Given the foregoing, WWF has partnered with World Rowing and other key stakeholders to establish the Kafue River and Rowing Centre (KRRC) on the banks of the Kafue River in Kafue District. The KRRC, the first of its kind, is a unique project in Zambia where conservation, research and sport unite to tackle global water issues. It is developed through a partnership between WWF and World Rowing to create a Strategic Alliance for Clean Water, to use the sport of rowing to educate and raise awareness of the importance of aquatic environments.
It is in this regard that WWF Zambia seeks the services of an experienced Fundraising Consultant or Agency to undertake the development and oversee the implementation of fundraising activities which initiatives are aimed at raising resources for the KRRC which is set to be constructed in line with the approved plans and scope of work. This builds on the Fundraising Dinner which was hosted by the Fundraising Committee in August, 2022.
The Fundraising consultant will support WWF and KRRC Fundraising team by undertaking FUNDRAISING activities aimed at raising towards the construction and eventual operationalization of the Centre. The infrastructure will be situated in Kafue town.
In consultation with WWF and the KRRC Fundraising Team, the Consultant or Agency will undertake the following:
- Develop at least 10 high level fundraising pitches in line with the provided scope of the consultancy in line with WWF Zambia and the KRRC Fundraising committee operation guidelines and policies with clear methodologies, fundraising plan, targeted stakeholders and projected inflows.
- Support preparation and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Develop Clear partner/ sponsors/ media engagement plans for the fundraising activities including support in the development of relevant publicity materials related to the KRRC intended operations and fundraising activities aimed at enhancing the profile and visibility of the KRRC.
- Provide periodic reports to WWF and KRRC Fundraising Team regarding fundraising activities undertaken and the impact achieved.
Minimum Requirements and Experiences:
The preferred Consultancy Agency or individual will possess the following:
- At least 5 years’ minimum work experience related to fundraising
Valid registration documents:
- Full company registration and VALID tax clearance certificate documents for firms
- ZRA TPIN registration for individuals.
- Qualification in Marketing with strong and proved marketing abilities leading to enhanced profile of the KRRC.
- Qualification in Grants management with strong and proved programme design and writing skills
- Qualification in Business Administration with a strong track record of fundraising and brand enhancement, proved/ strong communications skills and proved strong ability to engage high level partners and sponsors such as Government.
- Qualification in project Management with Strong programme design skills and organizational event management skills.
Submissions must include:
- Technical proposal indicating methodology to be used for the execution of the assignment.
- Financial proposal relating to the amount chargeable for the execution of this assignment.
- Submit at least one CV of the lead Consultant of the Agency that meets the minimum requirement as stated above
- Three WRITTEN referrals (on Letterhead) from reputable organizations detailing previous works done in line with the assignment at hand –
- Fundraising work. Traceable contacts and addresses of these organizations is required.
- A full list of previous works and services provided with details on impact reached and amount of resources mobilized.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS to [email protected] will be accepted.
!!! NO HARD COPY SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Interested applicants should send their submission, all-inclusive of the required documents in one (1) PDF document starting with a cover letter clearly marked “FUNDRAISING CONSULTANT-KAFUE RIVER AND ROWING CENTRE’ in the Subject area. The Letter should clearly include:
(a) The fixed place of business.
(b) Active and reachable Contact numbers and email addresses
Applications must be addressed to:
The Country Director
WWF Zambia Country Office
P. O. Box 50551 RW
Deadline for receipt of applications is 8th March 2023.
Please note that:
Only shortlisted Agencies or individuals will be contacted.
Shortlisted agencies or individuals should be ready to make presentations before the evaluation committee once called upon