Website Yalelo Limited
ZAMBIA'S #1 FISH!
Yalelo is seeking a hands on Lead Diesel Mechanic with extensive experience in Proactive & Corrective Maintenance to be based at our production site.
Location: The role will be primarily based at our Yalelo farm in Siavonga but may require occasional travel to Lusaka.
Our Right Fit candidate will:
- Examine both trucks and cars based on scheduled / proactive maintenance and table customer concerns on company units.
- Troubleshoot faults and repair or replace worn parts such as: spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pads, fuel filters, and sensors etc on a wide range of units (Mercedes, Isuzu, Daf and Tata trucks), as well as light motor vehicles such as: Isuzu, Toyota and Ford.
- Carry out weekly inspections to ensure thorough examination of all units at the Siavonga farm using detailed checklists.
- Carry out detailed mechanical and auto electrical trouble shooting of problems using computerized diagnostic equipment and common sense.
- Establish appropriate repair measures based on analysis, peer-to-peer examination, and past experience.
- Perform repairs thoroughly and accurately on diesel and petrol engines, taking into account original repair strategy and customer specifications OTIF.
Our Mechanic should have:
- A Craft Certificate or higher in Automotive Mechanics or higher with specific focus on diesel engines or completion of a post-secondary program in diesel automotive mechanics
- Industry Experience: At least three (5) years’ work experience in a maintenance environment including two (2) years’ experience at supervisory level
- Experience with electronic systems maintenance and repair
- Experience in engine OVERHAUL on both petrol and diesel engines.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal communication skills – Our mechanic is expected to communicate repair works/information to the customer, other mechanics as well as the departmental manager.
- High Critical thinking skills
- Exceptional Troubleshooting skills
- Mechanically and analytically minded
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work a schedule outside business hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Use computer maintenance management system (CMMS FIIX).
- Increase truck availability.
- Positively IMPACT work schedule compliance.
- Reduce Overdue preventive maintenance work orders
- Positively impact MTBF – Mean Time Between Failures
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re the one, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!! To Apply, follow this link – Job Application: Lead Diesel Mechanic
Be sure to clearly state which Position you are applying for and mention www.gozambiajobs.com as your source of this advert
NOTE: Yalelo does not require any fees nor do we use any agents in our recruitment process.
To apply please visit yalelo.breezy.hr.