Website Young Africa Zambia
Young Africa (YA) Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation that provides high quality Technical and Vocational Training, Entrepreneurship and Life skills training to vulnerable youths in Zambia between the ages of 15 to 25. Young Africa Zambia aims to empower youths with skills that will enable them acquire employment or enable them to venture into business to enable them participate in economic development.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the overall implementation of programs and projects. Reporting to the Country Director, the incumbent supervises and for monitors the operations and quality of all programs and the performance of project teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of the Integral Youth Development Program (IYDP) to strengthen the quality of technical and vocational training.
- Monitor and evaluate programs and ensure interventions are implemented according to guidelines and standard procedures.
- Lead and and provide coaching and mentorship to project teams.
- Take initiative in sourcing for funding opportunities and developing project proposals.
- Provide detailed and informative progress reports for dissemination to supervisors and donors.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with Franchisees, private and public entities and Higher Learning Institutions.
- Ensure prudent financial management of allocated funds by monitoring budgets, expenditure, procurement procedures.
- Represent Young Africa at local and regional meetings, liaise with Government, donors and other partner organisations.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Education, social sciences or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing programs aimed at youth development, of which at least two years must be in a senior management position with supervision of program staff.
- Programming experience in Technical Vocational Education Training, livelihood projects, Entrepreneurship development including linkages with formal financial service providers.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills including public speaking and presentations.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and project planning.
- Extensive experience in the design and delivery of capacity building interventions for beneficiaries.
- Demonstrable experience in developing winning project proposals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their cover letter, demonstrating how they meet the requirements and a CV with three traceable references from previous employers.
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] no later than 17:00 hours on Saturday, 23rd July, 2022. Do not submit copies of certificates at this time.