Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA)
YWCA is a Christian membership non-partisan, non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights-based approaches and sustainable interventions. YWCA in Partnership with Pact is implementing the DREAMS and Community HIV Prevention Components of the USAID – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (USAID – ZCHPP).
The DREAMS initiative is aimed at accelerating progress towards Zambia’s goal of reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors with a key focus on People Living with HIV (PLHIV), discordant couples, young women, and other high- risk groups, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions. By supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and developing local community and district level solutions, Z-CHPP will assist Zambia to reach the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets.
The DREAMS Officer will provide technical support to DREAMS to implement HIV Prevention services and Economic Strengthening to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in both the DREAMS and Community HIV prevention component of the YWCA implemented USAID Z-CHPP project. The DREAMS Coordinator will be directly responsible to and supervised by the DREAMS Coordinator. The DREAMS Officers will provide support to the DREAMS staff and volunteers to manage and implement DREAMS activities in the DREAMS District. S/he will work closely with the YWCA Provincial office, District HIV and AIDS Committee and Provincial AIDS Coordination Advisor, and health facilities working in the province and will ensure coordination with other relevant programs and stakeholders at the Community, District levels.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support DREAMS staff to implement the safe space model to provide services to adolescent girls and young women in the district.
- Support DREAMS staff to manage the implementation of DREAMS plans and budgets and ensure alignment with overall DREAMS objectives and operational guidelines.
- Plan and manage implementation of economic strengthening activities primarily in the DREAMS component of the project and, secondarily, in the Community HIV prevention component of the project
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the economic strengthening activity
- Provide technical and implementation support to the HIV prevention and especially to
DREAMS team members on economic strengthening area.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the project team on IGAs, livelihoods, Micro Finance and other economic strengthening related components to contribute to empowering beneficiaries especially adolescent girls and young women.
- Document lessons learnt and best practices especially of DREAMS and of the project.
- Support preparing and conducting quarterly and annual review meetings with
stakeholders to review progress.
- Support formalization of savings groups/Linkages to MFIs, possible job and internship placements to Identified AGYW
- Coordinate the day to day management and implementation of economic strengthening in DREAMS Centers and project sites
- Develop presentations and reports to document economic strengthening implementation key achievements, best practices and lessons learned to share with donor and relevant stakeholders.
- Work with District HIV and AIDS Community and Provincial AIDs Coordination Advisor (DHAC and PACA) and health facilities in the four DREAMS Centers to ensure coordination with other programs and stakeholders.
- Support DREAMS staff to develop a criterion for identifying and enrolling AGYW into safe spaces.
- Support DREAMS Centre Managers and Connectors in the day-to-day management and implementation of the DREAMS interventions and community strengthening activities in the DREAMS centers.
- Support DREAMS staff to ensure timely reporting, monitoring and analysis of results against set targets, and use of data to adjust implementation strategies as necessary.
- Support DREAMS the development, review and editing of program documents including progress reports, program descriptions, implementation plans, budgets and MER plans.
- Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
- Experience in gender and gender based violence and SRH programming.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in NGO focused on addressing GBV, SRH and HIV
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in high profile, fast-paces environment.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communication.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strength in accurate report writing
- Must be female
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Degree in Gender, Development studies, Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or any related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education.
- Minimum work experience in an NGO focused on AGYW programming in SRH, GBV and HIV
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV
(Maximum 2 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees to;
The Executive Director
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA)
Plot # 7391, Nationalist Road (opposite UTH)
P. O. Box 50115, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18th September, 2020 at close of business.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org