Website ZAFRIK Consulting Group
Pioneering Research and project Evaluations
ZCG is a data driven consulting firm. We provide consultancy in research, project evaluation, project monitoring and strategic management consulting. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research, and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities aimed at addressing today’s developmental challenges.
ZCG seeks energetic and qualified candidates for the position of Data Collectors on consultancy basis to work on baseline study for our client. The data collectors will be based in Mansa for the period of the study.
The Data Collectors will engage in data collection procedures including conducting informed consent, structured face-to-face interviews, and data extraction from existing sources, according to study specifications. Maintains confidentiality and security of data gathered.
Responsibilities of data collectors will include:
- Participate in all sessions of 3 day data collection training and refresher trainings as needed
- Complete human subjects research ethics training and good clinical practice training and submit the certificates to the Study Principal Investigator and Research Manager
- Master study questionnaires and standard operating procedures
- Recruit and enroll participants into the study and record their information in study tracking logs
- Conduct and document informed consent to eligible research participants, as described in the study protocol and SOPs to ensure voluntary participation
- Conduct in-person structured interviews using ODK with selected respondents
- Administer surveys in English and Bemba and, following the wording and order of questions in the data protocols.
- Maintain respect and confidentiality during interviews
- Follow confidentiality procedures, as described in the protocol, training and study SOPs
- Upload survey data from tablet to study server every day. Report any problems with uploading to the Research Manager.
- Inform Research Manager and participants of delays or changes in schedule
- Act responsibly, treat participants and community with respect and show integrity in work
- Perform other miscellaneous study-related duties as required
- Grade 12 school certificate
- A certificate in education or related fields, diploma will be an added advantage
- 2 years of work experience
- Experience with data collection for research studies
- Experience with conducting surveys on tablet computer or mobile phones (or, at ease using mobile devices)
- Fluent in Bemba and English.
- Works well with adolescents and youth as well as adults
- Good organizational skills and ability to follow study-specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available for the entire training period and anticipated periods of data collect