Website Zambia Postal Services Corporation
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The executive secretary is responsible for organizing all activities of the Postmaster General (Chief Executive Officer). She will be responsible for arranging meetings and events for the Chief Executive Officer. The main duties of the Executive Secretary will be organizing necessary meetings, planning events, developing a long term schedule, and managing the Chief Executive Officer’s phone calls. She will also be regularly updating certain reports for the Chief Executive Officer.
2. GRADE STATION
This position requires high levels of confidentiality and the ideal candidate will be based at Head Office in Ndola
3. REPORTING LINE
The Executive Secretary reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
4. STATEMENT OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties or responsibilities of the Executive Secretary include but are not limited to the following:-
- Create a long term schedule for the Chief Executive Officer by alerting the Chief Executive Officer about cancellations or new meetings.
- Ensure that the Chief Executive Officer attends all important meetings Scheduled as well as arranging meetings and conference room.
- Managing the Chief Executive Officer’s phone calls by receiving and relaying telephone messages to and from the Chief Executive Officer.
- Conduct any research the Chief Executive Officer needs.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepares, compiles and maintains travel vouchers and records.
- Problem solve any issues that the Chief Executive Officer requests.
- Communicate between the Chief Executive Officer and other Management staff.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Handle and prepare confidential and sensitive incoming and outgoing mails/documents
- Coordinates office management activities by following office procedures.
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Operate office equipment, such as desktop computer, photocopy machine and scanner.
- Relay directives, instructions and assignment to and from the Chief Executive Officer
- Directing the general public to the appropriate Offices.
- Maintain orderly filing systems of both hard copy and electronic files
- Managing of the office imprest for the Chief Executive Officer
- Supervision of all Secretaries in the Corporation
- Planning and participation in selected meetings
- Carry out any other lawful duties as may be assigned.
5. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS FOR EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with a Credit in English
- Advanced Diploma in Secretarial and Office Management.
- Type writing and short hand speeds of 55/120 per minute respectively
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar role
- Must be between 35 years and 45 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree in any business field will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate with great skills in using the Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates are invited to send hard copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV), application letter and supporting certificates through EMS to the address below not later than 28th August, 2020
The Manager Human Resources
Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Plot No. 5050 – 5051, Zambia Road
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews