Zambia Red Cross Society
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government efforts in developmental humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Red Cross movement known as International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In line with its mandate, ZRCS partners with Government of Zambia in responding to both man-made and natural disasters, including epidemics. In order to strengthen management of human resource, ZRCS hereby invites applications from dynamic, qualified and experienced individuals in related field to take up a position of Human Resource Officer
Reporting to: Assistant Secretary General
Workplace & Conditions
Based in Lusaka at ZRCS HQ Offices
Employment type: 1-year contract with possibility for extension contingent on satisfactory performance and funding
Starting Date and duration:1st October 2020
We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and contribute to making the Society a better place to work. You should be passionate about HR and highly efficient. We expect you to have knowledge and extensive experience in various HR functions. The goal of this placement is to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers to strike a balance between the need/welfare of staff and aspirations of the organization.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Managing payroll and remuneration systems
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection process.
- Ensure job descriptions are appropriate and relevant from a technical point of view by liaising with relevant technical units
- Administer and monitor the end to end contracting for employee and service contracts
- Ensure that all HR processes comply with Zambian Labour laws/Act, Staff Regulations, Code of Conduct)
- Prepare and organize in collaboration with the other units, the induction of new staff (Welcome note, briefing schedule, supervise the briefing process for National Society staff
- Follow up of probationary period and manage in collaboration with Line Managers, the end of probationary period according to HR guidelines
- Make regular update of the leave status or leave planning system
- Manage in collaboration with the Administration Officer, the Staff’s medical insurance in line with relevant
- Manage the administration of the social security and pension for staff
- Update and maintaining payroll records
- Maintain updated information on staff salaries, allowances and ensure compliance with current laws and regulations in close collaboration with the Finance Department
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic approvals of HR benefits, entitlements, contracts
- Administer the organization’s benefits programs (retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies
- Calculation and payment of termination payments
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Work alongside managers to develop and establish highest levels of performance from their staff.
- Guide managers to perform the whole range of performance management activities (e.g. set objectives, appraisal, identify gaps and contribute to the definition of training and development actions as appropriate
- Provide guidance and support to managers and staff in cases of poor performance and disciplinary situations
- Train staff in the use of the relevant tools e.g. performance online and advocate for highest standards of performance management
- Ensure that staff are timely appraised and monitor quality of evaluations in compiling final appraisals for the HR files
Capacity Building and staff Development
- Organize training for the Staff on HR policies
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the issues
- In coordination with units/departments, implement timely and effective staff learning and development programmes
- Ensure Compliance by all client groups to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in activities related to workforce planning and staff welfare with all systems and procedures to ensure consistency, integrity and accountability within the set quality standards in the stream of work; ensure implementation of audit recommendations; advice on corrective measures and establish relevant controls.
- Maintain safe and secure filing system for Human resource documents
Desired Qualifications and Work Experience
- BSc/BA in Human Resources Management, Business Administration
- Proven experience as HR Officer, Administrator or other HR position for 5 years +
- Previous experience in Humanitarian/development sector is desirable
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Further training in HR related programmes will be a plus
- Affiliation/accreditation with ZIHRM
- Knowledge of employment legislation and Labor Relations certification – may be advantageous
- Desired Competencies and Skills
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Understanding of Zambian labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Able to negotiate with diplomacy.
- Should possess remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics and reliability
To apply, kindly follow the link.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS IS 27TH AUGUST 2020 AT 17:00HRS AND NO LATE SUBMISSIONS SHALL BE ACCEPTED.
Zambia Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer
ZRCS has not engaged any agent for this recruitment and NO APPLICATION FEE IS CHARGED