Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc is a subsidiary of the Illovo Sugar Company (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other downstream products.
POSITION: TRAINEE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- LUSAKA PROVINCE x1
- SOUTHERN & WESTERN PROVINCE x1
- COPPERBELT & NORTHWESTERN PROVINCE x1
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Trainee Sales Representative in the Commercial Department. The successful incumbent will be responsible for Planning, Coordinating, and Implementing Sales Operations in their respective area. The position reports to the Sales Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Execute the IIlovo Sales Service Offering (ISSO) and Perfect Store Guideline (PSG) for Resellers and Stockists in assigned territory, with adherence to call schedules and structured sales calls.
- Drive sales targets for the territory and individual customers, track sales performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Build customer relationships through understanding of the customer’s business, effective customer communication and collaboration with Logistics and Finance to ensure delivery against commitments.
- Influence orders to meet sales targets and grow sales volumes, through effective customer reviews and applications of sales call stories and profit conversations. Notify customers of pricing changes and influence desired RRP’s at a store level.
- Record and update customer and call information through the Sales Force Automation tool.
- Support Trade Marketing campaigns, both through direct activities and guidance to company and third party employees.
- Identify and report on market trends and competitor activity.
- Monitor and report on adherence to qualify standards in the trade.
- Collaborate with Telesales / Customer Service Centre (CSC) / Credit control to deliver customer service and increase customer satisfaction.
- Promote and adhere to IIlovo’s Procedure, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Commerce/ Marketing is an added advantage.
- 1 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing
- Member of Zambia Institute of Marketing (ZIM)
- Must possess influencing and negotiating skills
- Customer centricity
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively
- Ability to work in a team
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Must possess a clean and valid driving license for a manual vehicle. At least one year driving experience.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: [email protected] indicating “Application – Trainee Sales Representative” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 26 May 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.